Post Your Swing!

Those greens look like postage stamps. Is that a Par 3 course… :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Who rides golf carts on a par 3 course anyway… :nerd_face:

It was just a real old, narrow, short public course.

I’ll tell you what I’d do man…two Stellas at the same time man…Stella Artois that is. :joy:

1 Like

Love it! My dry humor doesn’t always make it across via text…or maybe it did. How’d you play? Course looks interesting…what were the pictures you took?

1 Like

Well, we had my future wife’s 90 year old father.And she is three years into golf.So it was all about them.He can only hit the ball 50-75 yards a hit.Took his 3 hrs 15 mins for 9 holes.So I used it as a practice day.Hitting extra putts and chips around the green while they were still 100 yards out.We must have let 4 groups go thru.Than we had it all to ourselves.Only highlight I had was a 172 yard 7 iron to 2 feet.And I even knicked the top of an ever green tree but still landed by the pin.Besides that I used current equipment.And with the driver I noticed a wide to wide swing works better with the current stuff.

It was some small town south west Missouri course. Very old area and a course that looked like time is taking a toll on it

1 Like

Nice one lads, the greatest, and most quotable, movie in cinematic history :grin:

1 Like

Indeed. And so relatable for anyone who had to work in a cubicle in the late 90’s early 2000’s.

Anyways, back to the main topic. It’s nice to see K2 still playing his vintage gear and spreading the love of vintage gear to K2 Jr. My son is 8 and he tells me he wants to give real golf (as opposed to mini putting) a try next summer. Can’t wait to spend time with him doing something we will both enjoy.

Also, nice to see 72holeouts (a.k.a Ded2Journey) still doing his thing. You and K2 both have real nice looking swings.

3 Likes

Ok went to range today. Trying to get more open at top like ABS teaches. I am more upright bc of my Ballard background. 1973 Hogan forged Apex 3-E 4shaft nice and heavy.

9/8/2022

2 Likes

Played a decent course today down In southern Illinois.This was my 7th round this year of 9 holes.And the most golf I’ve played in over 10 years.The company was great, my golf was very poor.I seem to do well on the practice ranges.But on the course it still seems so foreign to me.I kinda loose that nice post acceleration i have when I’m in practice mode :(And I can tell as my misses will be toe bias, deeper divots, some fats. And balls that seem to float very high and drop too quickly.

When I move my best.I feel like my swing is a swing until impact.Than the post acceleration hit kicks in with a low left shoulder feel.Can’t seem to replicate that on the course.And I have this urge to hit fast and from the top every time.Very discouraging no matter if I’m making a birdie or bogey.

1 Like

I’m a big fan of nature on the course.And the last two I played were hilly and had one water hazard on the course.I’m a huge fan of tree lined with wetland views.Love listening and seeing life just move around when you play some great old tracks

And the worst thing I hate is when courses don’t unlock their bathrooms on the course. Thank goodness nature didn’t call

Wow my girlfriend I think swings better than I do. Check out this Orbit Pull :flushed::point_down:

1 Like

Ok this is crazy. I just notice how good of an Orbit Pull she executes. :flushed: I think I need more of this pull left in my swing. Geesh

1 Like

Aloha from Hawaii. :call_me_hand:t5:

A half wedge practice swing is all I can really put on film at the moment. Any longer club and I’d have to put on shoes :laughing:

4 Likes

Thanks for posting…

That swing is going to hit dead straight golf shots!

Barefoot might be better, as sandals can slip around …
you can dig in a bit with your toes into the grass with barefeet!

Keep up the good work and keep us posted…

1 Like

I think you are going back plenty far with the wedge as in a full swing.
If you hit hard from there… that backswing would support a full wedge shot.

If you are thinking half swing because of it being slower than normal, that is something different… but quick and aggressive is best. Half shot is half the distance back… but with the same aggressive intensity to strike and hold shaft flex.

That’s true, you’re right. The feel was it was half the distance back, but yes - the shorter the club the shorter the swing for a full shot. I’ll try to record some longer clubs though and you’ll see what I mean by “half” relative to what a full swing looks like for me.

Are metal spikes available anymore…spikes on concrete is such a nostalgic sound along with ball on persimmon

1 Like

Yeah, I love that sound, pure golf.

Champ did a Pro Stinger a good few years back that I had in my shoes, DryJoy Tour - they had a soft spike outer with a metal spike in the middle. The metal spike was a bit shorter than what was standard back in the day, but they worked pretty well. The modern twisty threads too, or whatever they’re called.

Looks like they’re still available now that I check, on Amazon and other places.

There is a lot to love there FVR…Bare feet make for the best spikes!