Post Your Swing!

Agree with those feels. My focus has been on rotating the chest to 45° open with right side rib crunch at impact. Impact feels like my left shoulder is behind my head. Zero crossover or flipping. Ball flight is very straight to slightly cut.

1 Like

Managed to sneak in an evening bucket. Good session today, struck it very well :blush::golf:

4 Likes

Looking Good!..

1 Like

Not an ABS swing - swinger type release with my driver. But I love hitting the old gear. Nice high draw ball flight.
High Draw Video - Driver

And here’s a still of a 3 iron from my round today. It’s getting cold and winter’s coming. Have to get the skis out soon.
Screenshot_20231026-180627~2

Looks pretty good! Nice back drop of the mountains, but damn cold if the wind is blowing off them. Temps have suddenly dropped here too (Victoria, on Vancouver Island), went from near 20 c last week (high 60’s f) to single digits (low 40’s) this week. Frosty mornings!

1 Like

The same thing has happened here. It was a chilly round - might be the last 18 of the year.

I had a break through night this past Tuesday. Something clicked on these Hogan swings… really fun to see some progress.

4 Likes

85u2a9
*Glad to see a successful application of the Hogan Slotting method that will be covered in the upcoming Hogan modules.

3 Likes

Down in Arizona this week. I got up around sunrise to take a walk on the golf course (Oak Creek CC Sedona #8) with a VFQ Tommy Armour 6 iron as a walking stick. I found a ball in the rough and paced off about 15 yards behind the 150 marker, dropped the ball and took three practice swings to slightly loosen up. There was no one around on the course, so I figured I’d let one fly. Pin was tucked back right and the ball was just slightly on a downhill lie with the ball slightly below my feet. Figured I’d have to pivot hard to keep the ball from leaking right. Felt the club slot nicely at the top and just went at it hard and the ball took off like a guided missile right at the flag. It was dead still and quiet in the morning and I could hear the ball land from 165 yards out with a dull thud.

I have to say I had a bit of a chuckle when I walked up to the green and found this. I wasn’t sure whether to take a picture of the sunrise or this golf shot…so I did both.

I just left the ball and the pitch mark there on the green for the first group of the day to ponder or offer some kind of inspiration!

7 Likes

Sharing my golf swings after 1 year working on the modules.

8 iron Face On

Driver Face On (sorry, I can only get to mid-80’s swing speed so far!)

8 iron down the line

Driver down the line

I have been playing golf since teenage years. At age 65 I am getting close to retirement and been working on re-tooling my swing for past several years. It’s a lot of work and a lot of fun. Great teachers have helped, especially Lynn Blake and The Golfing Machine ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcprJbJx8JQ).
AND, after finding John Erickson / Brad Hughes and Advanced Ball Striking in January 2023, the light bulb has come on better than it ever has in all these years.

I won’t ever be more than a mid-handicapper, but it’s so much fun even at age 65 to be a little better every day than I was yesterday.

Thx to ABS, I have multiple vintage Ben Hogan iron sets - forces me to be a better ball striker and I enjoy them very much . My favorite gamers so far: 1969 Hogan Plus 1 Bounce Sole blades, and I love my 1963 Hogan IPTs.

Much more to work on here - I still need to be able to Module 3 body pivot more, hold shaft flex, hold the “X”, orbit pull left, etc. I’ll keep doing the ABS drills - it’s a journey that continues to pay dividends and gets deeper every month. And I’ll and keep working on the short game ( Dan Grieve Golf - https://www.amazon.com/Releases-System-Transform-Technique-Thinking/dp/B0BD8LL151/ ) … it’s a fun journey.

Thank you again, Lagpressure and Twomasters, for the gift of knowledge and the pathway that you have charted out for all of us to follow!

4 Likes

What is remarkable to me, is that I never had the post-impact pivot action that the above videos show. I was a classic “pivot stall” guy for all these years. Thx to ABS - while I’ve got so much more to do… I’ve never had so much “authority” coming thru the ball as I do now, at age 65. :slight_smile:

Thank you, Neil Gascoigne, NRG, for your support. You sent me a GIFs and videos of “Magic Trick” that are treasures. Thank you.

I share the videos to hopefully let all of you know, that this forum inspires me and keeps me going. Reminds me of what is possible. I contribute these to hopefully let you all know ,that your contributions to this forum make a big difference that you may never know, to the rest of us. Thank you to you all.

Last post here - working on the “Magic Trick” short pitch shot drill from Module 4. :slight_smile: So much to practice, so little time :slight_smile:

Working on “Magic Trick” drill from Module 4 - trying to emulate Neil Gascoigne! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for the post and so happy to here your action is improving and you are enjoying the ABS journey!

1 Like

John,
Shoot me your contact information as i would like to compare our progress

David Bain
240-439-0437

1 Like

I worked pretty hard on the Magic Trick Drill this past weekend.
I finally felt like my right shoulder was higher than my left through and post impact (it isn’t, just feels like it), and I felt like the club was wide open after impact. I think I felt how the drill should feel and, like magic, the ball went straight.
Then I tried to apply the feel to a little longer swing with my 6 iron. Most shots were a little butter fade, very solid.
Here’s some vids of the 6 iron shots :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi, David,

I’ll be happy to send you my contact information, I’ll text you on Saturday 4/13, thx for reaching out.

John Sing

Could get the shaft a bit flatter at P3, clubface a tad more open… it’s pretty good though… but for drilling purposes, best to really max it out.

Then as you go through the strike, try to keep the right elbow bent. The ball will trend a bit more to the right… then counter that with an even harder and more level rotation. It’s there that you will feel the need for more ground pressure activation… Mod 2 stuff. Drill on that for a while, then just go back to what feels like your regular swing, and the ball fight will be even more piercing…

2 Likes

Drilling it best I could today. I felt crazy open at P3 and swore my right shoulder was going to bruise my right cheek through impact. Still hard for me to retain a bent right arm at full speed.
I felt a sensation of my right shoulder beating the club head to the ball on good shots. Probably because it was higher than usual and in my eye line through impact.

1 Like

I was finding that lots of practice at the magic trick and really concentrating on rotating the torso helps with limiting the right arm straightening into impact. Some of Lag’s videos with Brandon set off a bunch of lightbulbs for me.

3 Likes

Thx for posting, Sawfeat, thx for great inspiration for all of us!

1 Like