Post Your Swing!

I found a plastic pipe extender that fit on my golf club. So it gave me the idea of keeping that to the right of the clubhead for the whole swing . Which would make me focus on not flipping … but keeping that face stable by trying and keeping that attachment to the right as long as I can. My chipping and pitching has never been better when I put that attachment on as a reference point.

Bingo … really want to feel that the handle is super low before and after the hit. I’m losing the slot too early. And that would make me squat and turn more as well

The low and left should exit chest high … not left shoulder high .

All this stuff really makes sense. Just doing it is like climbing Mount Everest

Looks good…
A lot of positive things going on…

Keep up the good work!

1 Like

Thanks. Still not barely scratching the surface. How the greats mastered the passive hands orbit pull with no video, or tech equipment is mind boggling. How did they know to do that ?

Many will say the equipment or course conditions etc … but just thinking about what they did. And what they did so well at is really a huge mystery

Looking good @Slinger72 !

Your comment about lack of visual (video) feedback back in the day, and “how did they do that?”… I’ve often pondered the same, and similarity wondered why some of the very best restaurants have a very small menu - my point, if you have the greatest tool in the world, the human brain; feel, logic, etc, and just a few hints of a model golf swing “shot shape, divot, in-person visual observation” of the texture of movement, you can get focused with conviction because your external influences are minimal - almost a blessing to not have as much noise or “information”, which as we know, includes a lot of garbage and contradiction.

2 Likes

They hit a million balls.

1 Like

Remember too an earlier era had touring pros traveling together from town to town, staying in the same hotels that lacked air conditioning, television, room service, etc., so they often spent evenings massed together in a hotel lobby or bar talking golf swings, golf theory, practice ideas, how to use dynamics to their advantage, you name it.

That had to enormously help push the practice and understanding of the game forward while enjoying a few vodka rocks under a warm summer’s night.

3 Likes

When I was in college I worked at a local club with an old school pro. And maybe one of the best senior players in the state. He said back in the day. The tour players had to attend the same classes as the golf assistants and local pros to get their American tour cards.

He said Jimmy Demaret (spelling) , Al Geiberger, Doug Ford were in attendance. They treated the classes like a joke. But were just a hoot to be around. During the after school dinner they would discuss the old school golf swing. Basically he learned more in those brief dinner get togethers. Than he ever learned about the swing in his entire teaching career. To this day I remember he told me the amateur player keeps on swinging out to the right. Where the best (and him included) would bring the circle back in towards him. I just could never grasp that advice back than. Since I was so steep in transition. If I was shallower it would’ve worked like a charm. So yes, I guess they did know. But they had so many other forces working making the swing left viable

2 Likes

https://vimeo.com/772261295

Really liked the feeling of these short and flat swings with a lot of forearm rotation. Just started to feel good while doing drill one.

1 Like

Found an old one of me from back in my university days. This is probably 1987 or 88 at Champions GC in Houston, Tx. Wish I was that slim and flexible again :joy:

7 Likes

You look about ready to get out on tour and win a bunch of tournaments!

2 Likes

like the hair cut and stash . Very over rated now a days

1 Like

Took advantage of a few free hours and a sunny winters day to get in a bucket, albeit on a mat.

2 Likes

Set, Slot, Flush, Cash

1 Like

Won $8 of a mate last weekend :wink:

Stupid swingers right hand/arm, I’ll get it yet! Back to the drills :joy:

2 Likes

The ‘Magic Trick’ drill in module 4 will fix that.

1 Like

I can’t open module 4 yet :man_shrugging: Only modules 1-3 will open right now.

If you started over your tour career learning and mastering a passive release style. Where do you think your career in golf with that motion would’ve taken you ?

No telling. Much more to playing on tour and winning tournaments than ball striking, but I definitely believe I could’ve handled the bigger moments much better. Plus my putting/chipping & pitching has improved applying ABS.

2 Likes