Science Validates Erickson

There are some topics that may help accuracy but still not properly researched yet.

‘Rate Of Closure’ at impact.

Using a passive club squaring technique to help time the squaring of the club by impact - uncertain whether this involves less timing than solely using active musculature forearm rotation.

‘Drive Hold Hand Release’ actions as explained in Dr Mann’s website (link below). The current 3D systems currently do not operate at a high enough frequency to identify and measure ‘Drive Holding’ hand release actions post impact which should minimise ROC (Rate Of Closure).

Hand Release Actions Through the Impact Zone (perfectgolfswingreview.net)

Generally swinging the club on the functional swing plane as per Dr Kwon’s image below (although I don’t fully agree the hands being on the same functional plane).

There is definitely scientific evidence that proves external focus cues help accuracy, but that is more about improving/retaining ‘Motor Learning Skills’ rather than specifically biomechanics (hear podcast below).

1.8 What Every Golfer Ought to Know About FOCUS with Dr Gabriele Wulf by Golf Science Lab (soundcloud.com)

Personally, I find it more fun seeing Tour Pros being challenged on narrower golf courses with small greens and lots of impossible rough/hazards with the wind blowing hard. I don’t find it entertaining at all just seeing long drives and short irons to greens.

“Where everyone else is hitting up on their drives now and flipping like a mad man for high launch angles.”

I think your mistaken because these golfers don’t do that and most of them you would normally categorise as swingers.

Capture images of DHers (perfectgolfswingreview.net)

You can see that they aren’t flipping the club through impact otherwise the clubshaft would immediately bypass their lead arm.

I played with Victor a couple times, very impressive in person.

Your getting yourself into uncharted waters delving into Drive Holders being swingers. Have you ever conversed with Kelvin Miyahira ? Gordon Jarvis? Or Victor Rodriquez ?

They are far from a swingers protocol.

Just stop while you can. This is getting embarrassing for you

One has to be able to take the data and be able to apply it to the golf swing and how they teach and communicate with their students, or just absorb it if they aren’t a teacher. But even then if you can’t apply it to what you see in a persons swing then it’s just more information that’s not serving a purpose. And sadly you’ve been posting data for many years online. If it was truly helping you; than you would’ve stopped. You haven’t and are searching all over gods green earth. Moving your goal posts in your favor. My advice is to seek a good teaching pro to help your game

“You keep saying you don’t swing like a pro or not trying to swing like a pro, but yet you are studying the biomechanics of what the pros do so you can apply it to your swing. What they do isn’t applicable to you. Pros don’t swing like pros. Jim Furyk, Brooks Koepka, DJ, Rory, Viktor Hovland, Colin Moirkawa, John Rahm, Matt Wolff, Freddie Couples, Tony Finau, Cameron Champ”

But all the golfers you’ve mentioned do apply linear force to the grip, apply hand couples and also create an ‘MOF’ to angularly accelerate the club. Those patterns are very similar from a kinetics perspective for the majority of elite golfers. Dr Kwon has his own 3D system with his own database of tour pros , while Dr Sasho Mackenzie another data set. The inverse dynamic graph patterns are very similar but of course the magnitudes of force/couple/MOF are different for each golfer. Why shouldn’t they be?

“They all swing differently. The pressures they have in the feet, how much their wrist moves, the amount of torque or forces they apply to a shaft, are all going to vary”

Errrr yes … more obvious statements.

“If you want to learn the biomechanics of the swing that’s great as it teaches how the body moves but we all have different bodies and leverages. You have to understand what your leverages are in order to figure out your swing.”

Errr yes… more obvious statements although you need to define what you mean by leverages in a way that I can understand without using abstract language.

“You would probably be better off watching videos on the movement patterns good golfers make like a small shift off the ball to start and getting pressure to be around 70/30 on the trail leg, how to properly set the wrist and when to set it, how to turn the hips and get pressure back to 50/50 by lead arm parallel and to 70/30 front side by the top of the swing and leave it there then slowly increase it into impact. Learn how the wrists flex and release on the transition and the trail arm unfolds to help shallow the shaft.”

I’m quite happy with Dr Mann’s descriptions of Pro golfers anatomical movement patterns on his website. Also I do look at grf data patterns for different pros using Dr Scott Lynn presentations on his ‘Swing Catalyst’ youtube channel.

I suggest you look at these different grf patterns before making such generalised statements like the above.

But @dubious @Fore_Thirty fore @JeffMann all have a right to crash this website bc nobody takes interest in their website. They dont have to have any interest in trying ABS or even go hit a bucket of balls trying their own science of the swing.

All they have to do is sit on their computers and keep hitting the keys that make them feel like golfers. That’s the beauty of remote golf. I bet they all beat Tiger every Tuesday in their foursome.

Tigers a hack!

Here is another post from another forum. It’s not me who is a troll.

You keep saying you don’t swing like a pro or not trying to swing like a pro, but yet you are studying the biomechanics of what the pros do so you can apply it to your swing. What they do isn’t applicable to you. Pros don’t swing like pros. Jim Furyk, Brooks Koepka, DJ, Rory, Viktor Hovland, Colin Moirkawa, John Rahm, Matt Wolff, Freddie Couples, Tony Finau, Cameron Champ.

They all swing differently. The pressures they have in the feet, how much their wrist moves, the amount of torque or forces they apply to a shaft, are all going to vary.

If you want to learn the biomechanics of the swing that’s great as it teaches how the body moves but we all have different bodies and leverages. You have to understand what your leverages are in order to figure out your swing.

You would probably be better off watching videos on the movement patterns good golfers make like a small shift off the ball to start and getting pressure to be around 70/30 on the trail leg, how to properly set the wrist and when to set it, how to turn the hips and get pressure back to 50/50 by lead arm parallel and to 70/30 front side by the top of the swing and leave it there then slowly increase it into impact. Learn how the wrists flex and release on the transition and the trail arm unfolds to help shallow the shaft.

I bet you could learn more about the swing paying about $30 for one of Monte’s swing videos like no turn cast, broom force or the efficient said

Large greens present their own challenges, especially for those who are speed challenged on the greens. Scoring is really about proximity, not greens in regulation. Some of my most disappointing rounds have been played on courses with big greens…you leave feeling like you hit the ball pretty well because you hit a lot of greens, but you can have lots of long putts, hit it on the wrong side of slopes and ridges all day, and 4 three putts later you’re scratching your head because you shot 78 and felt like it should have been 71.

Saw your swing - looks terrible.

All u do is hit keys on ur computer, then go for a cart ride?

Wheres that monkey swing video?

Your backswing needs looking at but your downswing looks okay

@Dubious ur giving advice as an 18 handicap? :clown_face:

Don’t worry about my swing (it’s full of flaws) but your takeaway is a little Matt Wolff like. But you do get into a good slot position in the downswing.

@Dubious nobody here asked u for any advice.

The course I play on ‘Panshangar’ is a municipal but in my opinion it’s the toughest course I’ve ever played (6200 yds) because the fairways are so narrow , the hazards treacherous and most of the greens small. Every hole is different and its more difficult than any of the championship courses I’ve played on in France.

I’m giving it free of charge

Who could believe there is any integrity in your posts, when you advocate Monte Scheinblums videos on the MYGOLFSPY forum while on here you pretend to be an ABS acolyte?

I’m open to forms of playing golf that have validity. Where you seem to just want to throw your obtuse mathematical formulas around. And I stress Playing golf. I don’t think you even understand that basic term