Rat Droppings

Some so so bands undeniably have great songs- this is one of those situations. Though Zidane is the real reason for posting. Hoganesque without question- a magical talent in all the same ways. I laugh out loud every time I watch this video…
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhcM4WP2cTc[/youtube]

Bom,

Great vid. I’m not much a soccer fan, but how can one not appreciate those that can master their sport!

Thanks,
robbo

Yeah man, it’s a joy to watch whatever sport it is.

Gentlemen…and Dani, who might be the only woman, not sure… I have an addiction problem and it’s called ABS. I had every intention of weaning myself away, as I have so much winter time on my hands, all I was doing all day is going to the site and reading and posting. Almost this same time last year Mall Rat was giving me that “eye” which says…“is that all you’re going to do all day?”- and again this year my addiction is gaining her attention about the same time. Like any true addict, I tried to defer blame to someone else…this year the Captain…but she wasn’t buying it at all. :laughing:

But I think I have determined the cause of the addiction, and IOZ maybe unknowingly clued me in on it when he talked about the golden colored rays emanating from his computer screen on a dark night last February:

I think that Lag has not only unlocked the keys to great ball striking, but has also somehow figured out how to manipulate alpha and beta particles into some advanced form of carrier current on top of those rays. Once the golden rays hit you…you’re hooked!

Just have to keep things in check a little. Anyway…addictions are tough, trust me.

Have some interesting geometrics coming soon which are crazy, but might be fun nonetheless :slight_smile:

You’re not the only one RR. I must check this site 20 times a day for new messages to coming in. I guess it’s my fix for not playing much lately. But then again when I am playing a lot, I check even more. I’ll just put it down to a vice.

(Always loved Zidane Bom–enjoyed the clip).

Enjoyed that Bom, don’t want to detract from the thread but do I remember right that you are a Red (of the kind that rejoiced this weekend and whose faith in the workings of the universe was restored by events at the Bridge :wink: ) when it comes to footie?

Cheers, Arnie

Arnie, I would fully and completely derail this thread if I were to begin talking about it, so I’ll only slightly derail it by posting this. But to answer your question, yes, faith has been restored.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jgvs9GlsGU[/youtube]

Thankyou Bom, enjoyed that. Sunday was a special day as well for different reasons. Kenny hasn’t changed much has he. Right no more Koptalk in this thread or the Geordies in the shape of NRG and Teddy will be after us for taking their home town hero! :wink:

RR,

Too many people are addicted to being “balanced” with all things in their lives. Unhealthy imo! :smiley:

A big ole ABS habit and I’m good to go!

robbo

Yep, balanced = boring.

Well…I’m for being a little unhealthy too, so let’s go back to a puzzle. I originally thought one meaning might be the number of vector changes. 3 passive vector changes going back, and 4 active vector changes going the other way- for a total of 7. Maybe not. Here’s another way to look…remember this:

hgnv.JPG

Let you guys ponder this for a spell while I get the rest of the art work together.

But… we see 3 unconnected points followed by 4 connected points…I know- too much time on my hands…stay tuned :sunglasses:

So, if we add a 4th connective point, we have, depending on your perspective, an elevated view of a pyramid with only two sides showing…or simply a diamond pattern…like this:

pyrdia.JPG

The only way to see all four corners of a pyramid is from directly overhead. In the view shown, the fourth corner of the pyramid is hidden.

Stay tuned for more rat-o-metrics :sunglasses:

And…if we carry that out further you get this:

diaplate.JPG

Where the yellow line is a 4:30 line. Looks to me like Hogan eliminated the entire left side of the ball park!

RR,
I’m going to need more details or words on this stuff. I don’t really have an ‘angles’ sort of mind… Fill me in…
B

Just a little different way of looking at a 4:30 line. For a right handed batter standing square to the plate, it’s easy to see how that line is coming from deep and behind…almost like wanting to go toward first base with the path…but then pivoting to square it up. Nothing earth shattering here…just one of many images us rats use for fun.

But there is another way to interpret that Hogan picture puzzle…and it’s pretty cool. You might find this in your own home in the form of a question.

What three unconnected lines ( the three separated balls ), each holding its separate place in space, when touching at a single point will construct 4 continguous “V’s” ( the four touching balls) in a curvilinear manner. Come on guys, this one is simple!

The rat is deep in the maze :laughing:

I asked for clarity, and I get ‘continguous’ and ‘curvliniear’? I’ll have to get back to you. On another note, it’s a policy of mine never to get involved in situations where four balls will be touching- not that there’s anything wrong with that :smiley:
I’ll get back to you…
B

Btw, I was working that Seinfeld joke on this one… no offense intended to anyone, obviously…
I felt the urge to clarify after the fact…
B

BOM.

There IS something wrong with that!! Offense intended if taken!! :smiley:

I think even the Cap’n would agree (I think). :nerd:

4 balls touching…you guys are “nuts” :smiley:

RR,
I think the first 2 lines touch at their end, to form a V, the third one crosses the V at its apex, thus forming 4 V’s.

Roobo,
I’m not sure, man… over the course of my time here at ABS, the cap’n has given me the impression time and again that he gets great pleasure from quality ball contact- again, not that there’s anything wrong with that…