Post Your Swing!

Not me but I took this of Bryden MacPherson earlier this year. This swing is built entirely on drill work. He shot an amazing -10 61 this day.

2 Likes

K2’s ability to step on it kindly has always been impressive.

1 Like
2 Likes

The start of my ABS journey to pure striking.

4 Likes

WOW… with a swing that beautiful you must really like woodworking.

That’s a compliment Sawfeet. Impressive

Lol, thanks. Still much to work on to get to where I want it, especially through the ball. 40 years of habits to change :grimacing:

Paul
Do you try to match up similarly on both side of the ball (4:30) to release the club? Or is that just a natural release?

This swing was after doing about an hour of drills, mainly hip high to hip high 4:30 drill and orbit drill.
I’ve had a bit of a swingers release my whole golfing life, so this is just the start of becoming a better ball striker.
I didn’t really have any thoughts with this swing, so the positions are what they are.
I’d like to see my wrists hinged more at the top. The club more open at P3, my right arm still throws too much, my body releases too slow, etc, etc. They all go hand in hand as you know.
I’m a big believer in drills, I’ll get there eventually :+1:t2:

2 Likes

I hear ya. I go the other direction and get to vertical. Then, loop it under and cant release. I guess theres a happy in between.

Nice work :+1:

1 Like

Always a work in progress, that’s what makes it fun :star_struck:

1 Like

Having some fun with YouTube, ill be posting shorts here and there for fun. Quite proud of all Ive learned here and the work accomplished. I can dump them in dumpters from 200 now with ease. Many thanks to twomasters and lag pressure…your guidance was much appreciated over the years.

Looking forward to the many good times ahead…

3 Likes

Did you jar it? Inquiring minds want to know.

1 Like

10 ft past, didnt take the spin. Made the putt…if thats what you meant. Ive gotten some amazing tips on that part of my game this year. :ok_hand:

1 Like

What level are you playing at now 72holeouts? I remember you trying out some mini tour stuff a few years back.

NRG,

Yeah, same stuff…refined plan. I started playing Korn Ferry monday qualifiers the last couple of years. The odds are near zero, but the mandatory walking, silence, and threesomes was too good to go back to shared golf carts and 4-some busch league stuff. I played the wyoming open this year and a guy took a cart, brought his girlfriend and drank a beer or 2 on the back 9. No judgements, just not what i consider professional golf.

So, if i want to play with the big boys…i have to qualify. Just finding it more difficult than i originally thought. Shooting -8 or better in 18 holes really messes with what i consider proper course management. Part of the issue is that i play modern gear with an old school action. The offset on my wedges requires lots of maintenance, but old school wedges dont stop on greens. When the pressure is on, my iron game is stupid good…by wedges can get going left on me if im not really paying attention to ball position and starting lines. Dont even get me started on the modern driver…1 or 2 misses a round that just defy logic…even though i know what happened.

The other major factor is starts, i just dont get enough to get anything going. By the time i shoot a red number or at least have a competitive round, ive run out of money. Ive been doordashing on the side, but the market here is saturated now so its tough to make enough. Ill probably get a winter gig this year. After years of trial and error i finally have a schedule i “want” to play. Excited actually…so im actively looking to spend my snow days making entry fees and board🤑.

I love the challenges. I believe what ive learned is superior to anything on tour today. Im just working until i break through. I want to see what i can do on tour level tracks.

Currently, 2022…I’m 0/5, so i want to play in a few more events by the end of the year, but life is pressing…so its all up in the air. I shot 67 on my last round, so momentum is there…got the mindset.

Next stop: New Mexico open, San Juan, Nevada open, etc.

2 Likes

If you need a place to stay in Vegas let me know. I’ve got a spare room.

1 Like

Back in the day we had Goosie Tour, N Florida tour competing against each other. Out west South Dakota tour. There was NO beer drinking until after.

If I started over I would want on that KF Tour like your doing or play the Canadian or DP Tour.

Qualifying would be my goal. Spent alot on mini’s for 200.00 checks 10th place paid the hotel maybe.

If you do go into the business I enjoyed alot of the section sponsored tournys. I was an asst pro @ Valhalla when it first opened up and Kentucky had some great tournys. But, the business wast for me bc it requires alot more than playing.

1 Like

Orbit pull.

I feel like Im slamming a door shut from impact to a shaft parallel to target line on my foot line. The faster and harder I move the whole club thru that quadrant the more shaft bend and catapult trajectory happens. Straight bullets.

Its all done with a low left shoulder thru impact and left. Also a constant moving sternum with butt of club pointed at the core.

The hands do nothing especially no throw of right arm.

If body center stops I throw and look for it in the trees or someones back yard

@lagpressure @Slinger72 @Sawfeat

3 Likes

I think if any amateur can just improve (even slightly) from this orbit pull theory. It would be monumental for their games.Not everyone will be able to pivot perfectly or have a perfect on plane swing. But having the face square longer after the strike will do more good than bad

1 Like
2 Likes