P3 - P4

Here’s an interesting video regarding the mysterious “Chi Energy”.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3F3ovb2kZ9Q[/youtube]

I attached some electrodes to my perineum once, it didn’t do much for my ball striking.

NRG wrote…

LOL.

I know that stuff can be a hoax, but it is interesting nonetheless, and maybe we should not totally dismiss it. It is an accepted fact that administering focused sound waves to a human, to treat kidney stones for example, can cause a potentially deadly arrhythmia of the heart, and it is not dependent on the location of the stone.

Too bad we can’t get a golf club in that guy’s hands…

dead_hips3.gif
dead_hips2.gif
dead_hips1.gif

You can see the hips move little if any through the strike. The Chi is not being utilized properly, it’s not driving the action and rotation of the body and ultimately the clubhead. This is one of the main reasons we are not seeing great ballstriking anymore.

1 Like

trevino.gif

As steep and Trevino goes under with the right shoulder, he still is driving the club from his core. Clear as day.

1 Like

Hogan.gif

2 Likes

Sanders.gif Hogan 54.gif

1 Like

p3 to impact.gif
impact to p4.gif

Player_Byron.png

Player_&_Byron.png

These last two photos are really great, because they show the sustained relationship between the hands and shoulders staying constant. This is a classic display of staying connected and everything working together in unison. There is no flipping over of the hands or roll working into P4.

Good pic I took of Allenby on sunday at Aussie Open showing the same thing Lag talks about above.
image.jpg

Those videos / animated gifs really show the contrast between active hip and dead hip. Wow! This should be published in one of the golf magazines.

If you look at Allenby, his arm muscles are contracted… fully engaged… pulling against CF.
It’s not a relaxed throw of the club. Quite the opposite. He’s working hard to keep control of things, not just
flinging the club at the ball in hopes of good fortune.

Trevino bump.gif

Hogan pitch.gif

1 Like

Ok, what does Hogan have in his right pocket. Moe Norman had the same thing, same shape too, in the same pocket- see the Spring Summer Edition of Golf Digest ( 1996 ).

Maybe just a big wad of cash no doubt Hogan was hiding from Valerie. :slight_smile:

Cell phone. Don’t ask. He should have left that behind, but didn’t. All I can say is he was comfortable in space/time, didn’t like what he saw in today’s swing, went back and perfected his. Later, he gave the phone to Moe for safe-keeping.

I believe that Hogan often used one of the old style (charcoal stick maybe or paraffin) pocket hand-warmers. Not only did it keep players hands warm, but they believed that warmer (golf) balls flew further. Could be that.

I am going to go with his pack of Chesterfields or a hankerchief… probably the first one

Trevino87.gif

2 Likes

20220819_073212