Masters 2012

That took care of that… nice bunker shot. Any takers on the field? That’s good action at -110 either way.

I backed Phil @ 18/1, dont jonah him lol :mrgreen:

So what do you give Tiger’s chances, Nick?

Whatever

Prop bet no. 2: Urkel WDs when he gets to +6 Sunday; open -280 and it WILL fall so get in quick

If last year’s Open was the Congressional Classic I’m dubbing this the Northern Georgia Invitational©. Dibs bitchez.

Cool post, Eagle, well considered points, thanks for sharing. The course does look soft and there were certainly lots of errant tee shots. There’s a strong sense of ‘driving range’ about most tee shots these days- which may very well have to do with the fact that most modern guys ‘learned’ the game on the range- damn Hogan messing things up again :unamused:
Though I’d be warned that any reasonable discussion concerning this years Masters, or the modern game in general, is not permitted here. You either spit venom, or you’ve sold your soul. And they call it love. This place used to be fun.
Cheers,
B

One other thing that hit me was the EXTREMELY slow play. Maybe it’s my age, but it seems slower than ever…and it’s nearly all of them. It was almost hard to watch it was so slow, it was killing me. GOOD GRIEF!!!..they need to watch some Moe Norman and Count Yogi videos.

You guys that have played at high levels…is this normal??? Does it drive you nuts too? Does it help them to be so slow and deliberate?

drives everyone nuts i think eagle :slight_smile:

interestingly watching that 85 Langer win there was some pretty deliberate play then (the Langer group had lost 2 holes according to the commentary) so i’m not sure it’s necessarily a new thing

enjoying this year’s event so far, looks down to McIlroy or Mick to go out and win it now. If they don’t play well then someone else might arrive at the finish in front.

Plucked this from elsewhere for some entertainment value :laughing:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCT3j8OqlhI[/youtube]

If you’d clicked the link i posted on page 1 you could have saved yourself some “plucking” trouble there double r :wink:

If you would have embedded it, we might have actually watched it :smiley:

If your granny had balls she’d be your granda

Hope Phil can smoke and mirror it for 18 more holes. 18/1 very nice odds. Pity those who took the shorts with Tiger.

Steve

Oops…sorry Styles, didn’t see the link on the first page. I don’t always scour the entire list of pages when I post something- which I should do- so I am bound to do it again. That’s me double R, and double trouble :laughing:

Anyway… :unamused: Figures the play improves (I guess) on the day I take the family snowboarding. Didn’t even set the DVR after yesterday, what’d Phil shoot, 66? Goes to show what I know… Did they set it up easy or did they actually play well? Late last nite I had ESPN on while I was doing some paperwork, glanced up when they did that piece on Couples then & now; he’s absolutely movie star stunning now, he could be better looking than George Clooney because he doesn’t have that touch of smarminess. And yes I’m comfortable enough with my own metrosexuality to go here, it hit me when they showed the footage of '92 then now. He’s in the wrong line of work, he is absolutely Cary Grant for the 21st century. He should getting $10M a picture even if he can’t act a lick. I would definitely pay to see him in something like The American or The Ghost Writer. I wonder how often somebody sends him a script, he must get offers & he lives right up in Santa Barbara.

I guess I will watch tomorrow, and BTW B I’m not spewing venom at this, I simply don’t take it seriously. Is that a crime? How is this supposed to be serious, watching guys who can’t play a lick make armoured cars full of cash on jacked up dog & pony show courses… It’s. not the same, I see that music thread, lemme ask you this; was Van Halen Van Halen after Dave left? No, of course not, it was Van Hagar. Does that make it bad, depends on who you talk to, personally I liked 5150 & OU812but it wasn’t even close to the same band that made 1984 let alone the good stuff. There’s people that like me accepted Van Hagar to an extent and let them get away with going on like nothing happened and there are those that burned their shirt and considered Van Halen dead & buried. Different strokes for different folks but you’ll notice that by the time they did get back together it didn’t even matter anymore because Eddie was ravaged by cancer & the life, Dave was fat, bald & even crazier they all still hated him anyway and it was nothing but a five minute cash grab. They sounded worse than when the guy from Extreme was fronting the band. They tried to turn back the clock and it didn’t work at all & golf would be the same thing; the damage has already been done. You can call it the Masters or the Open, you can have it on the same property but that doesn’t make it the same thing and I’m not gonna pretend that it is. I don’t feel like lying to myself and swallowing this horseshit because it’d be too depressing not to. So go ahead and call me washed up and a bitter has been. Would sure as hell rather wear those labels than to lie down and be a myopic hack never was and part of the flock. :stuck_out_tongue:

You’re a washed up bitter has been Eric. :stuck_out_tongue:

Shooting 30 on back nine was awesome yesterday but credit to Hanson too for a superb round. not sure if he can handle the pressure today tho, what do you guys think?

The obvious pick is Phil. Watch out for Louie though. Dude seems really even-keeled with his emotions.

I’ve played a decent bit of golf with Hanson, he’s a pretty level sort of guy and a good golfer- he’s an achiever. A bit with Stenson too, he’s superman really, very few guys with his sort of talent- it’s very impressive how he’s reacted to the last hole in the first round- a good sign. I like the way Hanson is transitioning(for him) at the top- he looks like he can go hard from there which will help him if he gets fast when the heat is on. He plays well naturally with that quick tempo which is unusual for a big guy. Very difficult to say how he’ll handle Masters pressure though, particularly since he played so well yesterday. Mickelson is a world class ball striker when he’s on, and he was yesterday clearly. Tough to look past him in that mood. And we all know he loves nothing more than winning when Tiger plays shite- he cracks me up.

I think the leaderboard will change 4 times before all is said and done!!!

My 3 year old daughter is sitting on the couch next to me watching The Masters, she turns to me and says “Why do the boys keep hitting their golf balls at the people?” I had no answer for her :cry:

This final round has been epic. That is all.