Hello gents! I’m brand new to the site and excited to be a part. I would like to ask feedback on equipment that I could get into on a budget to allow me to adjust loft, lie, and remove offset as needed. I know there are some experts among us and I thank you in advance.
I am the owner of a Scotland loft and lie machine. Like many of the current stuff you vise bend and measure all together. With a little Davy and practice you can do just about anything. Mine dates back to the early 90s so there’s a good chance one could be had on the used market fairly inexpensively. Good luck.
Thx Dutch. So a Scotsman should do what I need sounds like. I will look into whether or not I would need something separate to measure and the Scotsman for bending.
Scotland measures also but the system is a bit limited. I believe the lie angle potion of the gauge allows you to measure to 52 degrees I think. I will try to post some pictures asap to give you a better idea.
Also forgot to say welcome to the forum
Welcome to the forum. I have an old Mitchell I bought secondhand that works great.
I agree with the others - look online in your area for someone offloading a used machine. Good luck!
Thank you!
You’re welcome. Here are a couple photos of the Scotland gauge. You see what I mean about the lie and loft angle. There are different settings for the various golf clubs and the machine has a standard setting for loft and lie. You can work past the loft numbers by using a different club if you need to move father than 4 degrees(not likely). The lie angle is a little different but with some ingenuity you could calibrate to take lie angel below the 53 degrees shown on the machine. Mitchell setup is similar as I recall. A newer bending bar might not be a bad idea as the original Scotland had a brass head and the newer ones are likely longer and some have a threaded clamp which will hold the hosel more securely. Also if you end up bending 431 stainless or the like. Good luck and don’t hesitate it you have questions. You can post link to listing if you want and I’ll check out for you too before you buy.
Thanks again for the great info and the kind offer. I will shoot you some pics or links as I find anything available in my area or also if I have more ?’s. Have a great afternoon
Good morning Dutch. I have been looking and comparing, nothing for sale locally currently but I will keep an eye out.
Found this machine by golf mechanix and it looks like it would do what I need. Curious what you think?
I have a friend that owns this and it work well. I don’t know if it will have the longevity of the heavier models, but he’s had no issues with it so far.
Yeah probably won’t have the same longevity that makes sense. For the price and just to adjust a few sets of irons I don’t know of a better value.
I wonder if any members have anything for sale?
For the most part it is the same type of machine. The sole side of the clamp seems better to me with the rollers. It allows better access to the hosel which is really important for the type of bending necessary to remove offset. I like it and since it’s newer than the Scotland or some of the Mitchell machine replacement parts will be easier to source. I’m on board with it. Let us know if you pull the trigger on it. Then when you have it bolted down we can give you some coaching on making the bends.
You guys are awesome! Thx again
Don’t stress much about this. There are a few parts that are designed to wear out and are replaceable. This machine with a really good bemusing bar will do whatever you need and more. Find the top and bottom jaw parts asap and you’re set for years
Wanted to ask if you guys think this (Scotland brand) would be better than the one above? I think this would need an additional way to measure after bending whereas the one above comes with the gauge built in.
These are each around the 500 price point.
Don’t buy in this condition you’re missing a lot of pets and at the very least you’d need a spec gauge which will set you back almost as much.
I was thinking that might be the case. Thx Dutch!
Same machine that I have so it would do everything you want if it was complete. What area are you in and I can have a look.
I’m in Farmington NM. I have searched but nothing is coming up for me yet.




