GREAT GOLF PHOTOS

Ben Hogan firing one into the 11th green at Merion GC during his comeback US Open win in 1950.
The 11th hole is also the site of Bobby Jones’ completion of the Grand Slam in 1930CIMG1589.JPG

Hogan at the movies:

Teaching Glenn Ford how to swing in “Follow The Sun”
and
fooling with Dean Martin and Jerry Lewis during filming of “The Caddy”CIMG1591.JPGCIMG1596.JPGCIMG1595.JPG

A 20 year old Amateur Francis Ouimet and 10 year old caddy Eddie Lowery on their way to an improbable victory in the 1913 United States Open at Brookline, MA against two of the world’s golfing giants- Ted Ray and Harry Vardon
The starting point for Golf in America as a hometown hero emerges and puts golf on the front pages of the newspapers

putting on the 7th green during the playoff
held high by the locals after the playoff victory
being congratulated by Ray and Vardon
walking the fairways- player and caddyouimetputting.JPGouimetplayoff.JPGouimetopen.JPG1913 Francis Ouimet.JPG

Eddie Lowery’s tie is great. What a memorable week that must have been. Fantastic stuff…

That was a great movie too… if you get the chance to see it!

Henry Cotton chatting to James Braid, JH Taylor (two-thirds of the great triumvirate with Harry Vardon) with Vardons great friend Ted Ray on the 1st tee at the 1934 Open at Royal St Georges, whcih Cotton eventually won.cotton1934.jpg

Here is an original photo taken by a friend of min during the US Senior Open at Salem Country Club in the Summer of 2001. Jack was playing well that week and Arnold struggled a bit. Arnie is pumpin his fist on the practice tee, while Jack watches him. The pic was given to me.
Jack and Arnie.jpg

You know you’ve made it when you have your OWN name on your OWN brand of clubsU1482436.jpg

… and even more so if “The King” has your name written on his club… there should be a level above King just for Hogan…
j&a.jpg

A fairly well educated pair of hands…
Hands.jpeg

1 Like

1951 United States Open at Oakland Hills- Hogan letting one fly as he brought ‘this monster to it’s knees’

No spectator ropes !! Monty would never go for that :slight_smile:
hogan51open.jpg

Two,

I suspect this was your 1000th post! and what a good one!

Thank so much for your wonderful posts, and insights into the game of golf!

Go have one on me!

Thanks Mate,
Glad to do something useful and maybe throw some insight in the right direction…Can’t thank you enough for all your help also…My brain is more crammed than ever with knowledge and thoughts from being part of this site, yet my brain is clearer than ever about the swing and the game all at the same time…The knowledge we can all gain here is beyond compare

Congrats on your millennium, Twomasters… thanks for all your help…

Two - that last Hogan photo is wonderful, and is now my new desktop background.

Yes its really great isn’t it Teddy - I have never seen it before. Thanks Two for your huge contribution to the success of ABS!

TWO Masters: Love the Hogan photos- keep them coming. Damn, that man was good!! Wonder if that guy sitting on the right edge of the picture is trying to figure out Ben’s right wrist movement :laughing: :laughing: RR

RR
Man are you having fun with those smilys(laughies); guess to make up for the time when you could’nt. Genuinly happy you are having fun. No puns intended.

Right arm save from Hogan.
Hogan Impact.JPG

1 Like

Not much else needs to be said about this photo- surely Jean was not thinking straight the moment he whipped his shoes off to even consider this one… but a few minutes later he did allow us to witness the best fist pump ever for a triple bogey when he finally holed out
vandescarn.jpg