Bradley Hughes Cuts Loose!

great spot - looks like a awesome hitters model

He’s got a bit of a Furyk move about him. You can see how down and in he moves at transition. Great footwork and turn, too, but of course he has to turn like that to support the leverage he generates slotting the club.

I’ve been getting my backswing a little steeper and a lot slower over the past few weeks, formerly having a very much inside takeaway. The ‘computer’ knows how to generate power from the top, especially if you get there without much momentum. If you are far inside at transition, most of us amateurs will throw ourselves over the line to generate power. Forcing myself to be steeper and slower at the top has allowed me to ‘trick’ myself into throwing the club down and to the inside to generate power and momentum.

Ya this is one of the best and one i find myself watching in the vault a lot. I love how he keeps that right shoulder moving through the shot and gets some level rotation going on post impact.

another video posted on YouTube…most people wouldn’t even notice this stuff if you weren’t looking at the zoom view… here at Advanced Ball Striking we leave no stone unturned in handing out the best information to our students

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrhDByp-v0E[/youtube]

What a brilliant video. :sunglasses:

Man…you’ve got a boatload of stuff over there that I haven’t seen before. :sunglasses:

Thanks for the video and the link…I know what will be occupying my time for a while.

Pretty neat computer skills too Two :laughing:

I cant wait to dance like that! :smiley:

The weight moving into the left heel is such a great feeling. Feels like you have all this room to really move the pivot and rip the arms through impact and beyond. It’s like a slingshot effect…hard to describe, but the physical feeling is if you were laying in a hammock and someone held the hammock up and then let go…that rush down and the left heel acting as an anchor, an endpoint, for all the energy to go to. Feeling the weight in the left heel while maintaining axis tilt opens up everything low and left and then up to a high finish…sorry, don’t think I’m communicating this very well…just a personal feel.

That is a great thought you mentioned in the video about Lie Angles, part 1. You mentioned something like- if the brain is smart enough to know when to stop the body to allow the hands to fly through due to the relative steepness of things, then it is smart enough to know that it must use the body actively and in harmony with the club to get something behind us through the zone.

Golden stuff :sunglasses:

Keep cutting loose Two…your stuff is scary good.

Picked up on something you said while over at your website this morning. It’s the video on the first page in which you are standing on what looks like a range mat in the middle of Sherwood Forest talking about a FLW.

You mentioned that the exit and entry are, in my words, like twin brothers. More specifically you said " you enter one way and exit the right way". Well, I don’t know about others but those are real powerful words as they relate to intentions. Well, being my rat self, I immediately attached the words “quick” and “slow” to that phrase to come up with “slow narrow enty” and “quick left exit”.

It is almost like Lag’s slow, slow, slow and then go, go, go.

Have to tell you, I think my acceleration picked up today. In order to make a quick left exit, that damn club needs to be well behind with an open forearm…but more importantly I felt like being on the 4:30 line for longer than I have ever felt before. It is almost like P3 vanishes because the turn gets so violent because the club is so far behind, yet still on 4:30, that the only option remaing is going left as hard as they can to get the “quick left exit”.

I was noticing that if I sensed a P3 within the motion, that things were out of sync…but when it seemed like P3 vanished it is such a tight turn with acceleration.

Great stuff IMO…and couldn’t help but notice your nice logo and it’s design. :slight_smile:

Make sure to visit Bradley’s site:

bradleyhughesgolf.com/

Wow there’s a ton of information on that site! Really Great stuff!

Thanks for throwing all that together Brad!

I have had a lot of great feedback from various sources about my youtube videos…thought I would share this one with you. Nothing set in stone as have only had minor contact with the company so far.
They approached as they found my videos very useful information wise and in tune with what they believe and have discovered with their new 4D imagery of capturing golf swings. I am going to talk more with the people involved and there is a possibility this may end in the USA with myself as a instructor, gold nugget finder and advisor… shall see what happens. They are based out of Finland. It looks quite intriguing.

Here is the site 4dswing.com/

they sent me one quick graph that the machine records to show that what myself and Lag are preaching here is close to the mark and what we should strive for in the swing. Here is the graph view. I am not sure who the swing model was for this but it shows some great insight about hand path V club path and the cut left and up.

Lag will talk more about all this to you when I find out some more details if you find it interesting.

jannepath.jpg

Count me in for being interested. Neat graph especially 200 to 240 obviously- which clearly captures what is going on.

Of the total vector changes, it looks like the change at 280 is the finish swivel? :slight_smile:

Interesting, so the values on the y-axis represent how much inside or outside the target line the club is as seen from above. I’d be interested to see what the differences with Trackman are. (besides cost :slight_smile: )

I had end of the day “jelly brain” late yesterday and could not cipher the graphs…but I think I get it now( with IOZ’s help).

Beautiful. Talk about a pre-impact “deep 4:30” and a post-impact 7:30 line…that picture is worth a thousand words. This seems like it could be a valuable diagnostic tool. I hope it leads to something good.

Do they create a similar graph, but from DTL, plotting hand and clubhead distance from the ground instead of distance from target line? This would illuminate and contrast the classic Hogan /Snead “low hands at impact” vs many of today’s “high hands at impact” swings.

I’m not sure eagle, but here you can find what they show: 4dswing.com/sites/default/f … nglish.pdf

They’re really focused on different things IoZ, i.e Trackman and 4D. This is more about body tracking which Trackman can’t do. Trackman is more about clubhead and ball. 4D’s technology won’t be able to measure clubface angle or ball spin for instance.

What I’d love to see with 4DSwing is one person’s graphs when they’re swinging well versus when they’re not. Will the changes be blatantly obvious or is the difference between swinging well and not so subtle that monitoring equipment just doesn’t show it.

eagle, re: deep 4:30 and 7:30, it can’t be really concluded from this graph as the x-axis is in time, not distance (to be exact, it’s in camera frames, each frame being 1/170th second).

But then again, 4:30 and 7:30 are times as well! Very astute! :smiley:

Thanks Steb, I was hoping that the 4d system would have some sort of Trackman-like radar built in as well…
I think that this would make it easier to discover patterns in the combination of movements of the body and ball flight.

they have ball/club speed/path/angle and flight tracking in place…but it is done with a different tool synched in…Flightscope I think from memory…they are still working on integrating this demand all into the one tool without having to use a seperate machine and their 4D analysis