- How much wrist angle should one have on the 430:path? My seems to be a bit horisontal; should it be more 45 degree up (reasons for low attack angle?)
In my opinion your wrists should stil be fully cocked when the clubs shaft is parallel to the ground and along the 4:20 path. The lead wrist should ideally be cupped a bit. Back of the lead hand and trail hand palm both more or less facing upward. I hope this answers your question.
Great question and the anatomical response is it will vary from player to player based off wrist stability, mobility and flexibility also past injuries and even past sports that have been played especially if at high levels. The main key is how do your joints line up at impact regardless of how much wrist angles you create in the motion. If you don’t get the joints aligned efficiently then the stretch-shortening cycle of the muscles will not be maximum.
I hope this helps you understand and also peels back a few layers into a deeper understanding of wrist angles as a whole.
Cheers
@Carlmagnus…Lag has a couple general videos on his channel about wrists and load. Are you an ABS student?
Yes I’m a ABS student
I’m not a student so considering the source I would think your impact bag provides good answers too. My general thought is I want more wrist cock, the clubhead above and behind hands, rotated forearms, when combined all three are alive and well ready to work.
But like Lag and Two say, a lot of times the answer lies in what’s ahead so take a good look at your conditions going hard into the bag.
Me, I use the modern-day technical approach: near that right pocket area the club should be fully trapped by, and within, opposing pressures by that time, and coinciding with pivot range run out the dogs are let loose.
Thats an excellent way of thinking of it. “The Search for the Perfect Swing” mentioned the club face being either parallel to or perpendicular to the plane. I was taught that between P1 and P3 the face stays more or less parallel to the plane. Between P3 and impact rapidly shift it to perpendicular to the plane through uncocking the wrists and rotating the forearms. Then try to maintain that perpendicular relationship as far into the finish as possible by torso rotation.
Works for me. Bradley, and Lag too I believe, describe the sequence succinctly when saying the arms find the body coming down and the body finds the arms post-impact.
In my most technologically advanced, data-driven, motion-capture sensors, way of saying: Fold and unfold is both old, and gold. ![]()
A mentor of mine used those words exactly. He would also say “shift and unshift” when talking about pivot.