What inspires you?

At different times in our lives, we can be inspired by completely different things, either close to us, or generations or 1000’s of miles apart. I know I got a taste of pure inspiration from Lag himself, any other notable sources of inspiration recently?

youtube.com/watch?v=aWmJxbEuKh4

youtube.com/watch?v=jdmvs7r1u9c

youtube.com/watch?v=xr4IkSBQ … pAodXSHa1A

I think this is a great thread and should maybe moved to the “concepts of advanced ball striking” forum… is that possible?
Inspiration is so close to intent that to leave it unmentioned is to miss a lot of what drives us…
Personally I think inspirations are non denominational, in that they can be used whenever or however they need to be… I won a golf tournament one time repeating lines from Jack Kerouac’s On The Road over and over as I played and particularly before I was about to hit shots…
“and don’t you know that God is Pooh Bear? the evening star must be drooping and shedding her sparkler dims on the prairie, which is just before the coming of complete night that blesses the earth, darkens all rivers, cups the peaks and folds the final shore in, and nobody, nobody knows what’s going to happen to anybody besides the forlorn rags of growing old”
… and in particular as I was going to hit a shot I would repeat like a mantra " and nobody, nobody knows what’s going to happen to anybody besides the forlorn rags of growing old"… it would give me such a feeling of acceptance that I could just move and swing freely…
Great thread…

I’m determined to get this thread going…

" Did you scare anyone, did you fuckin’ put the fear of god into anyone?!"
Pre game talk in the locker room… Ireland Vs France rugby…
If this doesn’t inspire you then you’re probably not Irish… or human!
Why don’t we prepare for a round of golf like this?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bhgt2pnSywI[/youtube]

booze.jpg

Thanks for the Kate Bush post…
I have always found her inspiring in a most honest way, and what a talented song writer. I am quite sure I have all her
vinyl releases. I’d be more than happy to give Dave Gilmore a free golf lesson for getting her signed! That first album of
Kate’s must be one of the best career kickoffs ever.

Apparently this was my inspiration last night…
GuinnessPint.JPG

All my favorite excuses were shot straight to hell with this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFVabP433TA&playnext_from=TL&videos=Bj10OasEPIg

I am playing with a multiple world one armed champion tomorrow. Left arm only, hits a 7 iron 210. (I tell him it’s only because he delofts it so much :smiley: )