Swing Postings

Some really good stuff here:

Amazing unseen footage of Moe Norman, Nick Faldo,…: youtu.be/RwpW1DexOpI

Love the Faldo footage…good to see him get frustrated as he works on a change…they don’t flush it every time…and the Hogan swing showing when yoy initally view the video…and you can view repeatedly at 13 minutes or so is a perfect example of the post impact wrist attitudes I have been talking about…and Babe’s swing was really good!

Here’s the companion piece to what you posted. Moe stuff is fascinating.

youtube.com/watch?v=rL99x-YhkqA#t=536

Hi Grady, I just wanted to pop in to say hi.

Good luck with the healing process on that RC injury. Keep digging, and thanks for the invite to see what was going on here. The sanity level seems much more palatable than SITD.

Jim Franks

My day at the range with the new VIPs. My shoulder is about 85%, and I really look forward to getting it healed so I can slot it better. Managing to hold some wristcock and clubface control, particularly with the 6 iron. Love the flight on that driver. Can’t hit the 1 iron. I may ship it to John and see if he can get it airborne! :laughing:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RB09f4XD38U[/youtube]

Grady Holding Wristcock and Maintaining Clubface Control.jpg

Arms are working out too much…but I am holding wristcock and maintaining control of the clubface deep, deep into the follow through. :slight_smile:

Grady how are you rehabbing your shoulder? Are there certain exercises you were told to do by a PT or are you doing it on your own?

Shoulder doc said rest for first four weeks, then told me to do some things to get the blood going for four weeks. I did some work with resistance bands. He wouldn’t let me go back to doing full pullups, but I was allowed to do half ones. He would also let me do inclined pushups. Pushups caused the most pain, so I just stopped doing them. Two weeks ago I remembered I had a body blade, and have been using that and it really has started to feel better.

I highly recommend this princeton.edu/uhs/pdfs/Shou … b-ver2.pdf

I had developed left shoulder problems and after a month of doing those exercises quite regularly my pain is gone.

Do you think the reason why it’s hard to get the 1-iron airborne is because the ball just doesn’t spin as much as it used to? I feel 1-iron’s went out of style because the new lower spinning ball doesn’t allow it to be used effectively. So people went to hybrids which are designed to launch the ball higher to offset the decreased total spin.

I’ve been using a Nike RZN White ball for my practice rounds. This is supposed to be Nike’s high spin 3-piece ball. One thing I have noticed is that it does have a higher flight than the Pro V1 that I also like to use. I also think that it may move a little more left or right by a few yards than the Pro V1. I had one 4-iron shot that I was intending to hit a little left of a tree and fade it around. I ended up blocking it a little right, but the ball went over the tree. I was thinking, man that ball shot up. But it ended right where I needed it to.

Does it have the low to rising shot of a balata or does it just have a higher launch angle? Obviously it won’t have the balata flight path but is it similar?

No, it does not have a rising path. It just launches higher. From what I have read, that rising trajectory is a product of a wound ball where the inside spins faster than the cover initially and as the cover catches up it causes the ball to start raising up.

youtube.com/watch?v=X5wW1WUYqyw

Not sure if I like a cupped left wrist at the top or a flat left wrist.

makeagif.com/i/Og6vZY - the gif version

It is just from the backspin of the ball. Thus, any ball with backspin would have a changing trajectory, and the change in climb rate would be mainly a function of the spin rate.

John gave me a drill, which is a combo extreme SS and mod 1,2 and 3 drill. I did it a bit on the range and liked the sensations I was feeling, so I decided to try to hit balls capturing those sensations. It was a very physical workout hitting 50 balls. I was able to capture the sensations a few times.

If you compare these swings to the ones I recently posted on the DIRT I think you will see a significant difference. The question is it for the better.

youtu.be/uSZBAo3hzB4

I haven’t decided if I will post it over on Thunderdome. What do you guys think? Does it put ABS in a good light? Shot dispersion is a lot better than another frequent Texas swing poster. :laughing:

Nah, let’s keep it our little secret :wink: I like what you are saying at the end about how the weight transfer occurs. I’ve been messing around with that a little myself in how I transition, where I load into my right leg but don’t necessarily flex it right away. Instead, I allow my left hip to move to the left and behind slightly. This really puts some axis tilt in my spine and get’s my hip moving left.

I think it’s a fine video. What do you feel from your right elbow from p3 through to finish?

What golf balls, either on the market or ebay, will give us enough spin to have nice control of the golf ball? Do I have to look for wound balls or is a urethane cover good enough? Should I try to find some balatas in good condition? I feel like I’m missing out on control by not having enough spin. Sometimes my shots seem dead, like I performed an action that should have had a sensitive, responsive shot but instead I got a knuckleball. It’s frustrating and getting on this site and going through some of the equipment threads has shown me how little I know about the variety of equipment set ups.

What do you feel like this does for your low point?

I don’t feel like my low point has changed due to this. However I am finding that I have a tendency to hit it fat.