Small World

This really is a great thread. :smiley: Keep them coming.

Bom
post that great Pujol pivot that I ask you to send me a while ago. I cant find it; must be at the work computer.

Will do, NRG…
… here you go Macs…

A Pujols.jpg

This one is a little abstract but there are similar concepts at play. Gradual descent that turns into a sharper turn at the bottom increasing downward force and speed before the release into the jump… pretty cool…

529px-Holmenkollen_ski_jump.jpg

1 Like

Kills me that I’m posting Man Utd photos but what are you gonna do…
I find this interesting because it’s a natural reaction in motion with the goal of extending the right arm. It’s clear that the root of the ability to extend it is the right foot pushing away into the ground. In the third photo(Liverpool :smiley: ) where the right foot/leg accelerates forward the natural reaction of right arm is to retract in search of balance- quite relevant to the swing and all that weak sideways hitting of the 70’s with the active forward leg drive…
I’ll add my thoughts as they get a little less obvious…

Vidic1.jpg

Vidic2.jpg

steven gerrard.jpg

Not great timing on the Liverpool reference :cry: but I hear ya… :unamused:

This thread is awesome…especially since it’s combining football and golf :smiley: Chelsea fan here…

Good lord, what have I done? Chelsea fans coming out of the word work- this world is too small for your type(pardon the pun)… don’t mind me, I’m just bitter, extremely bitter- our guys are battling Birmingham for 7th place in january and just got dumped out of the cup by a side trying to avoid relegation from the championship(though it will always be Division 2 to me)-welcome to the big leagues, Fernando, I hope you enjoyed your time at Anfield… sad stuff… sorry, Arnie, I was typing that earlier just as it was unfolding… The least Chelsea can do is delay the inevitable for one more year… come on you blues!!

Twomasters,
I knew I had this one somewhere but it took me a while to find it… you made a point in your post about pinching in the knees that made me think of it… and as I’m sure you know, this guy is a savage with the bat…
… also, notice the cup in the lead wrist… cool stuff

Pujols- knees.jpg

module 2 ground forces BOM…that’s what my pitching coach friend and I were touching on…but he had never heard it explained much like I was able to explain it to him…great stuff
Amazingly…it seems the greats in all these sporting fields apply the principles Lag teaches–whether they actually know it or not

Excellent… very exciting stuff…

Michelson.jpg

Rays.jpg

I think the golfer’s movement is simillar but more discrete and not as exubarant as the veritcle margin of error is only a few milimeters.

Another minor leap of the imagination required here. I originally became fascinated by the rear leg kick behind after observing it in ice hockey. It has parallels in a lot of the photos I’ve already posted, and it has a place in golf I’m sure- thought where and how I haven’t completely figured out yet. Harrington does a solid job of at using it and then leaving it behind here which is why I included him in the sequence…

Tennis Chick.jpg

Yankees-Henderson.jpg

Hockey Bloke .jpg

Po-rag.jpg

Yeah, totally… I’m only connecting similar motions, not saying they’re the exact same thing… the similarities are far greater than the differences I reckon…

If you guys have a spare hour then there’s no better way to spend it than watching this… Richard Feynman is a bright light in the world both from the perspective of science and humanity… not to mention the universal truths to be gained from a golfing perspective… I love this guy- if you don’t know him, it’s hard to imagine a more demanding voice in the question of real truth…

youtube.com/watch?v=srSbAazo … re=related

youtube.com/watch?v=UVjFPGIr … re=related

youtube.com/watch?v=RzPfKI4b … re=related

youtube.com/watch?v=Br_PJY-L … re=related

youtube.com/watch?v=taEw97br … re=related

Lots of photos in this one…
This is a move I’ve observed in pretty much every motion and seems to be a very strong image or goal for backswing body loading or creating ground pressure. Like jumping, you push down to go up, and the higher you want to go up the harder you push down. In movement it’s a sort meeting of opposites, you lean towards the direction you want to go but push down away in the opposite direction- it’s a very potent concentration of mass and intention. You load your mass and some momentum into a point utilizing ground pressure, or air pressure or whatever you can get a grip on, and then get to use it for acceleration- but not too soon!
This one has a lot of photos but I think it’s cool to see it in so many places…

Baseball move.jpg
Speed skating move.jpg
Cycling move.jpg
Discus move.jpg
Dog move.jpg
Dolphins move.jpg
eagle move.jpg
Hogan move.jpeg
nascar move.jpg
PH move.jpg

“Pattern is the sunlight of the mind”…P Q Wall.

Genius. How long have you been saving/collecting these? Please keep them coming.

Thanks, Eagle… It’s kind of an ongoing thing with me, I’ve always got my eyes open whatever I’m doing I suppose. I’m a believer in peoples abilities to do what they need to do if given the right opportunity- physically, mentally, or emotionally. I’m getting closer to the belief that we don’t teach our bodies how to move, they teach us- but we do have to ask them the right questions. The opposites at play in golf make it quite confusing to react instinctively to, but given the correct idea of how to do it, it’s a lot more feasible than we think.
Looking in different places I found it encouraging to see the required motions, or similar ones, taking place outside of a golfing context. I figured I’d post some of them so people could see these things in nature and then the possibilities of their bodies given the chance or the correct picture. One of the reasons I admire what Lag is doing is that he talks about intentions a lot- if you have the correct intentions in golf I’m certain that your body will find a way to accomplish the task. It really narrows the line between physical and mental training- are they really that separate at all? I wonder sometimes. When you practice are you actually training the body or are you training the mind? Is a swing thought a thought or is it an action? That one baffles me. I have way more questions than answers apparently, but I’m getting there…
I’d never head of P.Q. Wall before- I looked him up and he seems like a very interesting character…
Cheers
BOM

This one’s is for Lag… it’s pretty certain that this guy isn’t relying on CF to release his bat!! you can almost hear the POP! I hope the LV classic is going well…

Pence1.jpg
Pence2.jpg

1 Like