Science Validates Erickson

Goodness. Since last reading ur dribble I have been to the range, ate lunch and gone for an hour walk. Your still here needing attention vomiting up shiat nobody cares about.

STFU :skull::skull::skull:

John knows what is going on and students will get it if they put the time and effort in. We don’t need saving by science. Thanks.

Please provide any credentials you may have that qualify you to be an educator.

Any degrees in physics or biomechanics?
Any teaching certificates?
Have you participated in any professional golf tour?

No :clown_face:. I’m busy training a puppy, making chili, and educating you on the golf swing.

Then get out of a thread about science

I have no interest in GEARS…

If I have a question about my ball flight… I watch the ball in the air… and the trajectory and the flight path, and what it’s doing against the wind or with the wind, or how it’s holding it’s shape.

The only reason I would get onto GEARS is to show people like you that think it is impossible to hold shaft flex or keep the right elbow rigid through the strike.

That being said, not a big priority for me. If I have some extra time, and it’s convenient to get on the machine, I would spend an hour or so… and run a few tests… just to prove what I already know. So again, not that interested.

1 Like

Exactly. You know what the result is going to be so you will avoid it at all costs.

I think you are being disrespectful here…

5 Likes

gif-good-job-13

1 Like

My feeling is that you are simply just trying to jerk everyone’s chain, and be argumentative for it’s own sake.

This isn’t in a good spirit of seeking to share or learn from respectful conversation or debate.

Jeff Mann has come here with questions etc… and I have shown him … for example… that shaft flex can be held… and also be held with a backswing moving the left arm past 9:00 as was requested also. Jeff has been a respectful poster.

However, I don’t see this happening here…

Everything you have posted here recently has been refuted and at this point, it’s just ad nauseam.

I really don’t see any point in continuing this thread. It’s serving no purpose at this point and just ending up in circular arguments that go nowhere.

I asked a simple yes or no question and you have refused to answer it. So clearly you are just trying to poke at people’s patience etc. It’s a common thing that happens on internet forums. We will discuss this with the ABS Board and make a decision shortly whether to lock this thread or not.

1 Like

No disrespect intended. Just putting the truth out there. I have spent my life and untold thousands of dollars traveling, becoming educated in the physics and biomechanics of the golf swing, learning how to teach, learning how to get players to swing better, and buying my own tech at my own expense. I’ve gone down roads (TGM) and realized it wasn’t all there or that some of the stuff was flat out wrong and I’ve tried to seek out the best for myself any anyone I’ve taught. And I’m on here, for free, trying to discuss what happens in the golf swing. I have no agenda. I’m not selling anything, much less a $1500 drill system, and I’m not trying to promote anything or drive traffic to my website, training aid, or gimmick. I’m sharing information, with evidence to back it up, for free. Take from that what you will.

And your yes or no question was nonsensical. Yes, I understand optical illusion and parallax. That’s why I understand the limitations of 2D and seek out 3D, 6 degrees of freedom, and direct measurement when possible.

I don’t know what your intentions are… only you know… but what I am seeing is that you simply enjoy arguing for the sake of arguing. It’s like the flat earthers… they really believe the earth is flat and use “science” to support their claims.

I’ve spent the time to show that shaft flex can be held to the golf ball … with some high fidelity slow motion camera. You can debate that all you want, but it’s clear as can be.

I could do the same thing with the right elbow, and show that a golf ball can be struck with the right elbow remaining flexed from P3 to P4. I actually show this in the ABS Module Course.

I have tried to acknowledge your posts respectfully, and show you that there are other ways of doing things outside of a swinger’s view of the golf swing.

We will have this thread reviewed my our staff and make a decision whether to lock it up or not.

1 Like

Again, you are just being argumentative…
questioning a 2D image and proclaiming the 2D image is showing the truth, then saying that 2D images are illusions and can’t be used as scientific proof…

I see what you are doing…

I never said 2D was the truth. I’ve said from the beginning that it has significant limitations and you can’t measure with it.

I would suggest you start a thread here about GEARS… and you can educate everyone about it’s possibilities… and maybe we can get an expert on here to answer questions etc… I would be more than happy to ask a few questions about it… how it could be helpful… or not… how it could improve a player or not. How is the data interpreted and by whom… and does that then venture into a world of subjectivity etc.

1 Like

I like that idea Lag, but I really I don’t see 4-30 providing anything useful on the board. He doesn’t even know mass can route inside or outside the hands.

1 Like

My thoughts exactly.

1 Like

Why not grab ur balls tell us who u are if ur so fantastic? Seems behind ur keyboard u are a legend in ur own mind. That kind of post to J E is not going to be tolerated without backlash.

What an asshole u have become here.

Yes you have. Why don’t you spam the thread with 400 more links to hockey videos. :clown_face: