President's Cup 2022

Serious atmosphere at it this year, really feels like a Ryder Cup of old.

I wonder are they sensing opportunity with the Liv stuff and how the European Tour has been floundering in recent years.

The Ryder Cup went from USA vs GB&I to vs Europe, so I could see how it could develop further. Or maybe there’s room for both long-term. The Americans having a big team event every year could possibly get old eventually, so you never know.

2 Likes

I’m thoroughly enjoying the atmosphere being projected. Wish the rough was longer…

The announcing seems lively…but also forced. I think its because the international team has enough firepower to go head to head. I just feel like the international team has no real connection…no comradery.

I havent watched much though…so, maybe im missing it?:man_shrugging:

1 Like

Yeah, the connection/comradery thing is big in foursomes for sure, I’d like to think the fourballs will be better for the Internationals.

Or maybe the Americans are just better golfers, there’s always that :grin:

We shall see! I like the pairings and teams today…good mix up! Hideki and Scott needed to be split up…

1 Like

Since the year 2000, Europe has won 7 Ryder cups to the 3 won by the USA…

…so maybe it is the US that should consider merging with the internationals to take on Europe!! :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

:rofl:

Well played, you could be on to something

1 Like

Haha I’m only teasing. Europe got crushed last year, so you have to let us hold onto something at least!

1 Like

I’m flippin’ Irish, so I think I’m on your side :smile:

1 Like

Bit of a mismatch really, could be over before the singles tomorrow. Hopefully a bit of a rally from the Internationals today.

1 Like

Quite a few interesting matchups in the singles. Ive enjoyed watching today…

1 Like

I didn’t stay up for all of it, but it was very enjoyable, some great matches alright.

It was fun- I went Wednesday & Friday & Sat morning. Took a kid I coach on Wednesday and then his parents went with my wife and I on Fri- Sat
Ran into HV3 out there Friday also…
The girls were thanking Mike Weir for the couple of extra tickets he got for us