New to me bending machine

Finally, I was in the right place at the right time and was able to purchase a Scotland loft/lie machine today. Bent a couple sets to Lags’ specs, and hit a few balls, which I haven’t done in a while due to an injury. It was WAY more comfortable and easier to hit the ball solidly after flattening the clubs out. And that’s with no practice whatsoever. I’m sold.

I wish I had known about this 20 years ago, but better late than never.

Congrats on the nice score!

The flatter gear naturally wraps the club behind your body so that you can use it. With upright gear, the club tends to go up above the shoulders and makes the golf swing much more complicated than it needs to be.

Most players, even good ones have a tendency to come OTT at times, but the flatter your swing the less the ball will be pulled left…

You move “your” left vector of possibility more to the right.

A golf swing that hooks the ball is a powerful one… but we don’t really want the ball to go left… so we can set up our gear to counterbalance that action with flat lie angles and very stiff shafts… then learn to harness the power of the hook with a more “hold off” release which we teach here… and then you get to a point where you can’t hook the ball even though you are trying to do so.

Then you reach a point where you can’t hit it left, but you don’t hit it right either because you are trying to hook it… so you bring in your right vector of possibility also. This is what many of the great strikers figured out years ago. Sure makes this game easier.