New MAcs projects

So I got to do some work on the clubs today.

Figured out why I was hitting that 4iron so high. It was about 2 inches to long. Some how in my sleep deprived state I switched up the shaft for the 2iron with the 4iron and forgot to tip it. Retarded.

Anyway i finished up the 2iron through 5 iron. I ended up adding some lead down the hozel before setting the shafts. Was basing them off of the feel of my other irons which Lag and I created a few months ago. 2 and 3 got almost no lead where as the 4 and 5 iron added just a bit to create the correct balance and feel in my hands.

6 7 8 9 and pw are still in progress. I have all the pins removed and now just need to finish out removing the shafts. This is proving to be way more then I bargained for as even the car trick and getting the head red hot has not yielded any results. well I guess maybe it did as I ended up snapping off the shaft right at the hozel and then drilling out the 3 iron.

A little off topic but as some of you may know i snapped the head off of my driver. An r9 tp super deep. This turned out to be the best thing that ever happened to me. I called TM. They wouldnt give me a replacement because i bought the club off of ebay so I decided to tinker with it and see what i could create.

I ended up heating just under the hosel area. And then jamming a drill bit in the head where the shaft normally goes. I was able to bend the head another couple degrees down. So now with the adjustment from the adjustable hozel and the bend I have a 4 degree flat modern driver with an xtra stiff tipped shaft that is just a we bit shorter. and with the adjustable weight technology I can add enough weight to give it the feel to match my super heavy irons. All I can say is try hitting that thing left :smiling_imp: I Epoxied it up and let it cure. I will post back when I get to hit all of the these new clubs. I have a feeling it could be really fun to play an almost entirely new set of clubs with just about the correct specifications and for a fraction of the cost of a new set of clubs that would keep me shooting in the high 80s

Went out and hit the clubs today. Great feel and definitely showed when i made a mistake. Was hitting the 2 iron about what im guessing is 220 because it was going over the back fence which is 197 out. Great feel and I can tell im going to love these clubs.

Still need to rework the scoreing irons. Do any of you sharpen the grooves on these clubs?

what do you use to sharpen them?

JFischer13