Moe Norman-Fastest Part of The Swing

I haven’t been able to find it, but I would almost swear that I have seen a video of Moe Norman (maybe Ben Hogan) stating that he wanted the fastest part of his swing to occur after impact.

Does that ring any bells with anyone?

I would appreciate any help in finding it.

thank you

Nope…never heard that ever…ever. Nothing to see here at ABS either. Move along. :wink:

Captain Chaos

No, can’t say that I’ve heard that either. These ridiculous swing theories crack me up. Moving faster after impact? That’s crazy! Can’t be done. You should never move fast, you might (orbit) pull something. Swing slow through impact, think molasses. (Now where’s that emoticon panel?) :wink: :wink:

Ok, on a more serious note, I’m always baffled and somewhat amazed when folks out there in golf forumland demand that the swing is over at impact and the rest is just a relaxed release to a full, lazy finish. I see those cutoff slaps at the ball everywhere. Just the thought that it’s over, well, then it’s over. In the famous words of John Belushi in ‘Animal House’ …'Over? It’s not over ‘til we say it’s over!’ I think Mr. Ben Hogan would hoist a martini and agree with that sentiment.

toga.jpg

Hogan put it in writing. Both books I think, but I haven’t looked through either in a few months.

It’s on one (or more) of his clinic videos that are on youtube. I think his exact words were “That’s were I want the shaft to sing, not here”. Sorry I can’t be more precise, those are pretty long vids.