Macgregor M85 Iron Set

Greetings,

I hope you all can pardon a first time post as being a for sale item. I have been a regular reader of the blog since the middle of last year and greatly value all the information that is posted here, but I am just not someone who posts (well other than this post i guess).

The item for sale is a 1980’s vintage set of Macgregor M85 irons. The set is matched and includes 2-P. Stiff true temper shafts, no rust, pitting or browning (shafts or club heads), very little bag chatter and all ferules are intact. I have not measured the club lengths, but can say there is not an even length change between irons. The length change between clubs ranges from about 1/8th to ½ inch. New grips (black widow), lie angles about 5 degrees flat. Also included in the sale is a 1980’s vintage Colokrom sand wedge. The sand wedge is also in very good condition – no visible copper ware on the face, no rust or pitting and minimal bag chatter.

The reason for selling the clubs is to help finance another club project. I just picked up a set of 1950’s M85T that need some work done and wanted to offer these irons here to someone who will appreciate them. Again I hope you all can pardon a first time post as being a for sale item. If anyone has interest in the clubs please contact me. Direct email contact is the easiest way to reach me. I have a couple of (unfortunately poorer quality) pics on my phone I can send by email. Additional pics and/or information are not a problem, just let me know what is desired. I live in Northern Ky incase there is anyone in the area who would like to see the clubs first hand.

Price is best reasonable offer.

Kind Regards,
Jim

Jim.Heindl@yahoo.com

I now have pic available, but could use help in posting them. Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks
Jim

Hit reply,
then upload attachment,
then browse to find the file on your computer, desktop or folder you have the pic in.
then there will be a button to place inline… so it will appear in the text then hit submit.

Just make sure the pic is a jpg file.

photo 1.JPGphoto 2.JPGphoto 3.JPGphoto 4.JPG

photo 5.JPGphoto 6.JPGphoto 7.JPGphoto 8.JPG

Pics added. Thanks for the help.

Asking price is 175 or best offer.

Thanks for looking.
Jim

SW sold. Thanks Thomas. Updated asking price is $150 or best offer for 2-P.

Thanks
Jim

Too bad they aren’t lefty.

I hear ya buddy. It’s cruel really how lefties are taunted by all these amazing and beautiful right handed clubs that go for sale on this site. Although, I still get a lot of pleasure from my mp68s.

Lefty stuff is out there, but it can be tough to find. I’m up to 5 vintage sets now to go with my MP68’s, and a few really nice persimmons, but it takes patience and a lot of searching.

Sold

Thanks for all the interest.

Jim