Is "Goat Humping" good or bad in ABS?

I thought I would post this question cause I heard Lag talk about moving the right shoulder above the left POST IMPACT (extreme flat shoulder turn). I believe this would move you out of your spine angle towards goat humping (Where did that name come from anyways? lol!) I was looking at Chi-Chi’s swing and saw the huge pelvic thrust, then I looked at Hogan swings and saw that his hips stayed in the “box”. I myself have always tried to keep my hips in the box like Hogan but was never very good at it and have always Humped goats :smiling_imp: I would appreciate any thoughts on this question.

I think you have to look at what the shaft is doing. If the hips moving out stall the torso rotation, then the shaft will typically move out toward right field or off plane… and usually we see a premature loss of shaft flex.
The pelvic thrust also puts pressure on the lower back at finish which can cause back pain for some over time.

Thanks! So If you look at chi-chi’s swing you find that he has a great deal of pelvic thrust but he never stalls the pivot. Would it be benificial to develop his type of move or have pivot rotation where your hips stay in the box (Hogan). If you also look at Knudson and Peter Senior swing you find that their hips come out of the box. Thanks