How to draw or fade Trevino way

I thought this was interesting and would like to get opinions. I will try this on the range tomorrow. Happy and safe 4th!

02 Simplify draws and fades.

Jack Nicklaus liked to curve the ball by opening or closing the clubface at address. I never felt I was good enough to do it his way. I didn’t like changing my swing path, either, which some guys do. There’s only one really reliable way to curve the ball: Change your hand position at address. If you want to hit a draw, move your hands forward, toward the target, so they hide your left shoe when you look down. Make sure the clubface is square to the target, and then make your normal swing. When you get to impact, your hands will naturally be farther back than that exaggerated position they started in. When the hands move backward, the clubface closes. You don’t have to do anything. To hit a fade, do the opposite: Set up with your hands back, behind the ball. At impact they’ll be more forward, and the face slightly open.

How did you get on? I may give this a go sometime this week.

Trevinos address positions might have affected what he did, but his post impact work seemed quite different.

Draw.gif
Fade.gif

draw 2.gif
fade 2.gif

This is great! I finished Module 5, so I’m looking forward to learning more about the ABS way of shaping shots.

Thanks for posting those shots NRG, holders vs. flippers.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGZf_gIVp4M[/youtube]

Thanks for posting…

Guys into the later modules will see Mod 9 all over these two swings. We discuss this more sophisticated way of shaping the ball, and Trevino is textbook here.

But it’s really not something most can just do until the prior ducks are lined up. Trevino’s point on not wanting to change swing path is critical. It’s exactly my feeling, and I didn’t grasp this until my 3rd year on tour.