Great Equipment Alerts

Just bought it for $20.99 includes shipping. Thanks Lag

just bought a (20 Sarazen special wedge - wilson - when did wilson stop making the wedge?

meant R20 - on ebay - pretend vintage I think -

decent off the fairway, but not so great from the sand… too light and no bounce.

The originals don’t say “Original” on them… but I think there were some of the vintage ones that had Sarazen’s name on them…
but it was inscribed very lightly… the remakes are also cast I believe, as I tried to bend one recently for a student with little luck.
The remakes are nothing like the vintage ones… not in head shape, not in weight, material, nothing… not the same club.

How about these wilson R90 wedges? They seem to be original and cheap. I have one on the way.
cgi.ebay.com/WILSON-ORIGINAL-R90 … 4cf05eb9e3

… this R20 swing weights at E2 and has lots of bounce - I will see how easy it is to bend on Monday.

I was actully the student who was sucked into that brand new “R-20” wedge and it sucks even from the fairway. I have another wedge called Ginza Golf (probably Japenese Made) which is F-3 swing weight and is on auto pilot from inside 110 yards. I just need another wedge tha t heavy to set up at 50’ as a Pitching wedge. I might get some luck with an M85 that I have. It feels like that heavy but I have to check.

Manko65,

That is not the original… even though it says original!
I don’t think anything original is going to say original… because it usually takes 30 years before anyone cares to call it
such a thing…

The actual originals usually have dot punch faces… not grooves, but there are some early Wilson SW’s that have grooves that
are still good…

This is a prize for a lefty… I don’t think I have ever seen a left handed version… not cheap, but very rare… and a great club

cgi.ebay.com/LEFT-HAND-VINTAGE-W … 5ad31dae37

cgi.ebay.com/RARE-30S-VINTAGE-WI … 5adaf5a826

here is the real deal…
this one might not look pretty, but if you want one of the greatest clubs ever made for getting out of green side sand traps, this one will do just fine…

Just promise you will remove and replace the ping golf grip! A nice leather wrap would be appropriate!

Thanks Lag, this R30 is coming my way :slight_smile:
When it gets here, the first thing I will be doing is removing that pathetic excuse for a grip :laughing:

Thanks, IoZ

you will love this club because it is so heavy, and there is nothing better going through the sand than a whole lot of mass, and the right kind of bounce on the bottom of the club.

You can’t buy a real SW anymore off the shelf. Modern SW’s are simply PW’s with a bit more loft and bounce… but not enough, and missing the key ingredient… MASS.

Heres one for the UK based ABSers. I am currently on the lookout for a solid looking persimmon driver to use but as nice as this one looks, its well above my budget!

cgi.ebay.co.uk/Macgregor-Tommy-A … 335f5ea7c2

Hope the above link works…

ZD

cgi.ebay.com/50S-VINTAGE-WILSON- … 5adaf5b0a1

someone buy this…
This is essentially an R-20

A real sand wedge here.

cgi.ebay.com/MacGregor-Tourney-M … 2eabd1e168

A $50 no brainer here… with free shipping in the US.

The M65’s with the black and white eye o matic style inserts are a great combo. Classic set for anyone, and would make
a great project set for flattening and reshafting.

Putting this out there for ABSer’s, but if I don’t see them sold in day or two… I will probably pick them up.

[quoteThis is essentially an R-20]

[/quote]
I bought it on its way to Lagland.

just bought it! thanks.

Make sure to visit this link in the equipment forum for the reshaft and flatter tutorial…! (Persimmon)

Long time ABSers will know how much I appreciate the cramanship of the world renowned Dave Ballestero :wink: I never thought I would see another one but how wrong I was: http://cgi.ebay.com/Dave-Ballestero-USA098-999-Driver-/370240526315?pt=Golf_Clubs&hash=item56340e17eb#ht_1576wt_930 :astonished:
:laughing:

Cheers, Arnie

Hi Arnie…I won the auction on this one…beautiful club.

Andy