Equipment 1950s- 2026 with Elite Players

And once you do measure components from the respective generations, you are also assuming a tour player’s club weight is the sum of the shaft, grip, and clubhead.

As someone whose built clubs, you should know that is very often not the case. You haven’t proven anything regarding tour player player club weights.

Once you measure actual clubs from actual tour players and account for the actual variety of shafts on tour, you have not proven anything about their clubs. You have shown in a narrow hypothetical that modern irons could be heavier than vintage irons. That is it.

I have to agree with @k2baloo that we’re not at the beyond shadow of doubt phase. I think you have an interesting premise @Blades4life but really getting to the real data is a bit tricky and I for one would like to be able to see that outcome. Sadly I think there are far too many unquantifiable variables to account for. Keep us posted!

Just can’t do numbers anymore, but raw weight offered in 2007: TTGold X100 both taper and parallel was 130 grams.

Same offering in 2000: TTDynamic Gold X100 parallel and taper tip the waitress was 130 grams.

Yep. I found some old TrueTemper spec sheets from back in the day. I’m in the Memphis area and many of the guys from the plant used to come play where I worked back then. The specs were the median as I recall as there was slight variation in the welded seam back then which may have been dealt with by now. With the Sensicore shafts(which I did like) the weight was kicked up a bit by about 10 grams I think because of the insert.

For both of those two TT Dynamic Gold X100 shafts I mentioned Sensicore was offered at 128 grams on each. Using old Golfsmith catalogs, maybe they’ll assist Blades in some way.

Noting in 2000, TTDG X100 taper tip was offered with Sensicore at 128 grams and without Sensicore130 grams. In 2007, the stiffest taper tip option listed with Sensicore is S300 @ 128 grams. So looks like the range for this time period is 128-130 grams.

This is why I don’t do many numbers anymore, gives me a headache…lol