Calculating Yardages

Oh, no problem. I’m sure the True’s would conform if you saw them. There is no cavity, just more metal on the back of a traditional blade. No need to defend anything, John.

I’ll say this though - the Mizuno Grads probably wouldn’t conform - they were the first forged cavity back irons. I’d probably still have them as they were good clubs, but the S.O.B. at the golf shop that sold them to me talked me into getting graphite shafts. The pro told me that Mizuno had really perfected the shaft technology and after all, pros like Norman and Mickelson were using them at the time. Nothing like air-mailing greens by 30 yards with a wedge on random occasions. If that “pro” were still there I would have put the shiny end up his backside and twirled the club…twice! :wink:

Captain Chaos

Jackie Burke
image

2 Likes

Of course the problem with that approach is that you might be over cautious - for example let’s say I’m pretty sure I can fly the green with a 6 iron, but now that there’s $5,000 (because of inflation) riding on it, I’m a little nervous. Best to err on the side of caution and conclude that I can definitely cover the green with my three wood - and the pin is in the middle so let’s go with 5 wood…

Obviously this is a bit of a joke. I’m all for using intuition and feel!

2 Likes

I need to try that. I use the range finder every round now.