Birdies !

If you think it’s hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Jack Lemmon

If you are going to throw a club, it is important to throw it ahead of you, down the fairway, so you don’t have to waste energy going back to pick it up.

Tommy Bolt

If profanity had any influence on the flight of the ball, the game of golf would be played far better than it is.

Horace G. Hutchinson

It’s good sportsmanship to not pick up lost golf balls while they are still rolling.

Mark Twain

The following is about British golf during WWII and quoted from Mr. Barkow’s book, “Golf’s Golden Grind, The History of the Tour”:

“And because German bombers would sometimes attack golfers at play, a set of war rules was drawn up.” One of which was: “‘A player whose stroke is effected by the simultaneous explosion of a bomb or shell, or by machine-gun fire, may play another ball from the same place. Penalty one stroke.’”

scan0034.jpg

Bast…rds… :laughing:

Nick Faldo about Phil Mickelsons Ballstriking:

“We have to introduce him to the novelties of hitting fairways”

I just found this one…

They say I get into too many bunkers. But is no problem. I am the best bunker player.
Severiano Ballesteros

[size=150]“The good player hits through the ball while the poor players hits at it”[/size]
Ken Venturi

[size=150]'If a teacher ever tells you there is only one way to play, he is not a good teacher:[/size]

Gary Player

“I told Rory McIlroy that I never practiced my short game much because I felt that if I could hit 15 greens a round and hit a couple of par 5 holes in two shots and make all my putts inside 10 feet, who cares where I chip it to”

Jack Nicklaus March 2011 GolfWorld on his advice to young star Rory McIlroy that an emphasis on a strong short game is over rated

“Everything was fine until I walked on to the first tee”

Seve

[size=150]If you drink, don’t drive. Don’t even putt[/size]. ~Dean Martin