All Things Augusta

Tick-tock…tick-tock…soon. Ya’ can hear it in the breeze.

Speaking of breeze…if anyone wants to invite a Rat to Augusta…I promise no smoking, no drugs, and this will play all the way down south… :laughing:

Well I might go out to California…might go down to Georgia. I don’t know!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsIqEq9OFxE[/youtube]

I was reading the Thread “Playing the Top 100 golf Courses of th World”, which by the way he almost finished - only missing 3 or so i think. One of them is Augusta and he was discussing ways how to get into Augusta.

Can former Masters winner play Augusta whenever they want? Can they invite guests?

One of my old sponsors was a member there… but we never took his private jet from the west coast for a morning round and then fly back for dinner :frowning: …which he would do often. But one of my other sponsors was a member as Cypress Point and we did many a day trip over to the coast for a game there… she was also the women’s club champ there a few times. Just wonderful memories.

RIP to the Eisenhower Tree.
Damaged by a recent ice storm.
Removed a couple of days ago.
Eisenhower Tree-Damaged.jpg
Eisenhower Tree.jpg

Bummer :cry:

I’m sure they can borrow one from Steve Wynn in Vegas and have it flow in and planted by Monday. I’ve seen 400 of them up at Shadow Creek. There a few more sitting out front of Encore also.

Can never have enough moonlight through the pines…classics!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3clBZqaA54[/youtube]

Probably only cost 2 million per yard.

They’re extending 13?

So dumb. Better to roll things back and keep courses shorter. No one really benefits from longer courses IMO. More cost, space, environmental impact. Slower and less walkable courses. Break in traditions and historical relevance of records, etc…

Oh well, only 25 years too late to make the change when it was needed! Not really sure what the governing bodies could do now, they should have done something a long time ago.

1 Like

Yeah, I believe they paid the course next door $25M for the land.

No wonder the green fees are high.

2 Likes