A great concept that was 100% about inclusion

I played in a two day tournament this past weekend and it was a concept that many of us have been trying to put together and we pulled it off with good success. The goal was to include all golfers including classic, modern and elite juniors, ages of contestants were 12 to 71 years of age.

Persimmon and blades played from the white tee box, modern golfers played from the tips, juniors 12-13 played from the red and juniors 14-17 played from the white and seniors played from the white also.

We were all on the golf course at the same time and each bracket playing its own golf with no issues or complaints and we all had a great time. I played in the Persimmon and blades group and shot -3 for the win. The modern golfers shot even par for the win and the juniors shot -4 for the win.

I share this story because we were all playing the same course and the tee boxes created a even playing field regardless of what equipment was being played.
It was also extremely inclusive where everyone was playing golf not no pseudo nomenclature but golf as they understand it to be where they are and the era they were introduced to it.

The scores don’t matter at the end of the day because what matters is we were able to get 5 different types of golfers on the course for 2 days and we let the course decide everything else.

I personally think this is a model that can be used across the board to be more inclusive and have events that are successful simply by adding options and letting the tee box be the judge.

Let’s see if we can get a meeting of the minds and pull this off 3 to 4 times a year in different time zones would be the ultimate goal down the line. If we truly are about really growing the game of golf I personally feel this is a great model to duplicate and make it happen. Pops use to say you catch more bees with honey than poop :poop: and he was correct.

Many of the golfers stopped by to look in my bag and commented I’m playing in this flight next time.
I would love to hear some comments from members that have access to a course and lets brainstorm to make it happen.

The elite 12-13 year olds had low score of the event not because of equipment but because they were playing the correct tee box that gave them a chance. Every group had the ability to get on par 4s in 2 with a mid iron and only the longest hitters were able to get on the par 5s in two so it was an extremely fair event across the board.
Cheers

4 Likes

Fantastic Michael…well done. I will be at your next tournament.

2 Likes

Thank you we look forward to seeing more folks I want to pull off another one in Florida in the fall if @John_Sing can help with logistics

1 Like

Would love to play in one sometime. Keep us posted and great score in the tournament.

1 Like

@Blades4life, sure, call me up me and we can work on it and make it happen!

1 Like

Thanks DM me your number
Cheers

Thank you I will most definitely keep you posted
Cheers