1973 Haig Ultra shafts

Yep. The insertion depth is still pretty decent. I’ll just epoxy the bored through part shut.

thanks ironsmith. i’ve always liked the look of the haigs. i’m not afraid of using extensions when there is too much labor in extraction.

i’m definitely a goodwill/garage sale guy, but i take it a step further and buy pull out shafts already gripped with cords. i have a guy in
town i can get a set of pullouts for $20-30 depending on the mood he is in. one set of S300’s came straight from brand new titleists and went
straight into 66 hogan percussions. i’ll buy clubs from the thrift stores just for the grips if they are cords and in good shape.

i bought a junky set of northwesterns that had beautiful golf pride classic cords (which they don’t make anymore) and pulled
them off. 8 cord grips for $4. i can’t decide whether to put them on some old m85’s i’m messing with or my hogan power thrusts…

thanks again for the haig advice, i’ll just look to buy them ready to bend.

Nice. Yeah, too bad the cost of DG golds have gone up to $15 a shaft. They were $12-13 last year and just $10 a few years ago. Have to watch for online sales at Golfsmith to get them back to $12-13 each. I guess if I found a set that I knew were DG X-stiff shafts at a standard length, I could just take off the heads and reuse them. Even better if they have decent grips still on. Unfortunately, shaft labels seem to be optional for most clubs it seems. :frowning:

Ben Bernanke can kiss my Mashie/Niblick. (Little to no inflation my butt).

leaderboardgolf.com/golf_shop_su … 4-x500.htm
X500 Woods $8.99
leaderboardgolf.com/golf_sho … 5-x300.htm
X300 Irons $7.07
All NOS made in USA spining not required
leaderboardgolf.com/truetemper3.htm
Complete TT closeout menu, call for availability

These like other stuff nobody ever uses such as food & energy has not been calculated in CGI