Post your new ebay purchases

Depends on what you like. I’m partial to TP Mills Spalding Era, or 8802s.

Look for a MacGregor 660 if you want a great vintage putter. Has an 8802 look, but is heavier with a great Nueman leather grip.

Just picked this up from ebay.

HoganDriverb.jpg

HoganDriver.jpg

HoganDriverc.jpg

Looks like someone has the equipment bug. :smiley:

“But they are so cheap, how can I afford NOT to buy them!”

Nice solid persimmon there. It’s amazing how equipment that is 30-40 years old still plays great today, but the manufacturers want you to think that anything older than 6 months old is outdated technology.

“Time for your semi-annual $399 driver upgrades. This time with the technological power of white paint!!!”

I know I have the bug. :laughing: And you surely can’t beat the price. Nor the classic lines, pure playability, feel and sound of a well struck persimmon.

It looks great except it has an AMF Vector stiff shaft in it, just bought it yesterday so I haven’t seen it in person. But I didn’t buy it for the shaft, who knows the AMF Vector may be a fine shaft.

My goal is to get good enough to play amatuer status in the Persimmon Tour. I’ll never be a pro and I despise what the game has become so why not build a game around classics and learn to be a shot maker and play the real game of golf. I want to be known as one of the “These guys are better” crowd.

There is also a 1953 Hogan 1 wood for sale on ebay. If I’d have seen this I would have bought it instead.

ebay.com/itm/HOGAN-OIL-HARDE … 4985wt_925

I’m happy with my purchase!

Jesse,
this thread will come in handy when you’re regripping that driver. The Vector shaft is as big on the butt end as the Legend.
https://forum.advancedballstriking.com/t/hogans-legend-shafts-what-size-grip/2406/1

Thanks tiil

Picked these up recently for a pretty good deal. Brand new, never been hit! I was surprised someone bought these and never used them. Hopefully they are not fakes…but i highly doubt there was much counterfeiting on golf clubs back in the 50s or 60s. Unlike today, you never know what the heck you are getting on the modern stuff. Counterfeiters has gotten pretty darn good that most average people could not tell the difference. Pretty scary! On the bright side, us buying the older stuff probably dont have to worry about that! :smiley:

no way those are fakes with the old grips and serial numbers and pins in the hosels, or that counterfeiter is in the wrong business…

those are cool! you get them from ebay?

i got some wilson dynapowers i think 1967 or 69ish, have not received them yet. I had told myself i was only going to
stick to hogans and macgregors but then i found an almost full set of button backs at a thrift store for $15 and it got me into the staff mood…
my first set of real blades were some late 70’s staff’s “tour blade” that i bought in the late 80’s, so circle of life i suppose.

we should all meet in a parking lot with all of our clubs and set them out like an antique car show or something…

Yeah picked them up from an ebayer. He wanted $200, but i offered $150 and he was quick to accept, shoulda offered him alot less if i knew he was that negotiable! haha

Overall i am happy! I wont be hitting these for a while though. I have plenty of other sets to play and tinker with. :slight_smile:

I know what you mean! I just cant stop myself from buying these beautiful classics. So far i have 3 hogan sets, 5-6 macgregors, 2 sets of Dynapower, and a set of Powerbuilts Levelume.

I have two sets of ABS from John that i practice with and starting to game them now.

I love the Wilsons! I actually bent a dynapower 6 iron flat today to try out at the range this evening! Those things are heavy!

Brands/Models i tend like though are the Macgregor Tourneys, Hogans Apex and Wilsons Dynapowers. You cant go wrong with those!

bspeck - those are sweet!

Wow, guess I won’t post pics of my little ole Spalding TP Mills designed CNC putter or Wilson 71 Button backs now. They can’t compare. :laughing:

Good Job bspeck you should be proud.

nice find bspeck…is that a wee indoor putting green I see as well?

Stunning set, Bspeck.

I’ve just picked up these to add to my collection. I wasn’t going to, but at that price who could refuse!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/120932267829?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2648#ht_500wt_1413

Thanks everyone,

The 23rdman,
Thats awesome! You sure cant beat that with that price! Good find!

Skinnybuddah,
Its my hitting turf mat that i use to use to hit into a net before ABS. Now i just use it for module training. I found that hitting indoor did me no good!

Until lag mentioned Wilson’s to me I hadn’t given them much thought, now I’m kinda hooked on them. What do y’all think about a set of Wilson Staff blades 1976-1977 models?

Here is one pic I have of the 71 Button backs I purchased.

Wilson 71 BB 1.jpg

I will post more and better later.

I’m also thinking about a set of FG-17’s, but I believe those were made in the 1980’s, so they may be out. I also really like the Wilson 1969 Bullet backs, can’t seem to find a full set with stiff shafts though.

I also want to eventually obtain a set of Hogan Power Thrusts 1960 thru 1962 or IPT '63 or IPT III '64 models.

I’m looking for thoughts and comments about weight, ABS playability and general reviews of the aforementioned iron sets.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts you guys may have on the subject.

I got a set of iron from Lag. Powerbilt Levelumes, 2-pw. Awesome set.

Steve

ps
Anything Lag makes will be awesome

I bought a beautiful set (2-PW) of Wilson X-31s from 1967. I thought it would be cool to have a set from my year of birth. It looks to be in nice, original condition, with good leather grips. I can’t wait to hit them, and if I hit them well, play them. I will post pictures after I receive them.

Macgregor M75’s for $75.00, (and shipping :laughing: )…hell can’t even buy a new wedge for that… not to mention these are a bit o’ history…
Not Kolorcrom’s but still pretty decent shape and a complete , heavy set to train/play with!

cheers!
daleheck
m75 ebay faces.JPG
m75 ebay soles.JPG