John Erickson Interviews by Ralph Perez (Gotham Golf)

gothamgolfblog.com/search/la … agpressure

Nice one John and Ralph, enjoyed both episodes…

So which of your students drives you particularly crazy lol! :smiling_imp: :wink: :laughing:

Cheers, Arnie

The ones that don’t send in their videos! :confused:

Ha! I walked straight into that one… :blush: :slight_smile:

That second interview was great. It really was nice to hear a little more of the philosophy of the ABS swing. I mean I consider myself to be here since the dawn of the ABS deal. (I’m not saying I’m any good… I’ve just been living ABS stuff for a long time.) And my point is I enjoyed hearing some stuff that I really didn’t know before… such as:

• I love rolling my left forearm back a lot. I worried about that. But when your arms are doing less, other junk has to do more, right?
  • Putting? I had no idea putting was such a nemesis for you (at times). (I still think putting is an artist’s thing… and I was an artist. It’s not a mechanics thing. I’m just putting that out there.)
  • Moe’s start up. Some of my best ABS moments on the range or the course, I started ‘pre-setting’ a bit back of the ball, semi turned. Now I know why I did, and why it worked.
  • Flat clubs. For the love of whatever you believe in, I know we heard this more than any other swing ‘type’ out there, but I enjoyed this take on it. (I"ve heard it described many ways. This was a bit different.)
  • Bicycle vs Tricycle. Lag, some of us just like knowing we aren’t going to fall off. :blush:
  • TGM. I really didn’t know how involved you were in at such a young age, 14? Wow. Even if there are things you would like to change about it, what a great exposure to have as a youth.

And finally, I’d like to add that I think I am easily one of your top 3 most frustrating students. I don’t ‘like’ to think that, just I have a feeling it’s true. lol