Bradley at the Australian Open 2010

100% agree with Bushranger…

Chin up Bradley… I don’t know what else to say but tomorrow “Just dance with yer gal” and have fun…

Absolutely nothing to hang your head about Bradley.

I think we’re all proud, and (myself) awed to a degree that you went out there, and as Lag said, sent some of these ‘everyday’ playing pro’s packing.

I do sense that your disappointment tells me that you knew you could pull off a great finish. You knew it was in you, and that might make it a little bit harder. But I think we all (here) know that you have it in you.

Not to be bitter, but personally I wish you had the opportunity of a John Daly. That guy is getting ridiculous breaks. My point is, look at that guy and then look at your window of competitive opportunity! You’re coming out of god knows where, and you were RIGHT in the thick of it! I think that’s all that needs to be said.

I’ll take the guy that shoots 67 one day and 83 the next over the guy that shoots a pair of 75’s for the same total.
I think Donald Trump would agree with me also.

“The 67 shows you have the capacity to win, but the 75 lacks that suggestion”.

75’s? YOUR FIRED!

donald-trump-1.jpg

Bradley

I haven’t been able to post much here anymore. Doing bidness in this current environment is a 24/7 proposition. I still get a little time off to peruse this site. It is hands down the best golf site on the web. I always find that your presence here is one of the main reasons it is. Your thoughtful contributions are always rewarding to the rest of us here. Just reading the posts on this thread should make you know for certain the respect and admiration you garner on this site. What Lag just posted is spot on. Yes, that 83 is on your card, but also is a 68, and a great round played in the nasty Friday draw. You got it to 7 under, and then held on for one of the better afternoon rounds.

You held in there, or bettered a lot of players who do nothing but work on their games every day of the year. What you were doing is way beyond remarkable. The wind made the wheels come off, but with the little time you have had for your own game, and golf being golf, an understandable outcome. With the way you had been playing, shooting another 68 would also have been just as understandable. I think, I, and most of the other folks on this site have just had the most tournament watching fun they have had in quite a while. The reason being, they have such a great guy to pull for. Bradley, you are the real thing, and the good play you have shown on the course is also the real thing. Don’t give it up. I’m saying this for my own selfish reasons, but also with the certain knowledge everybody here is also in agreement.

Flop

As I watched over the PGa over the last few days, that was exactly what I was thinking. I was telling my wife how remarkable it was that you made the cut being away from competitive golf for so long. How many players, including tour players, could do that?!

As Hogan was down to one orange but stuck with it before hitting pay dirt, I hope you continue to play and live your dream. Good things will happen.

Good times and success has never made me stronger but bad times have. I don’t root for them but I don’t fear them either because I know I will be better from the experience.

Keep the faith!

Nice post littlealm. Adversity is really opportunity. I have enjoyed falling asleep with espn3 streaming in my lap the last couple of nights trying to follow the scores. I love most all sports, but I just don’t get jazzed about too much of anything anymore – it’s typically more soap opera than anything else. It’s hard to get too personal or stick with the home-town side anymore w/ free agency trends/etc in most sports, although I have leanings still (I will always hate the Yankees and Cowboys with a passion). But, TM I do appreciate you allowing us into your world a little bit over the last fortnight or so, whether the news to report was good or not as good (either way, we can learn a bit). It is fun and even healthy sometimes I think to have a real rooting interest.

CD,

So true. To me golf is VERY interesting at face value. Throw in a few folks that I care about and it’s even better. I often feel like I owe those cats something simply for the emotional “kick” they give me. Bradley… I assure you that all of my golfing mates who may not have known you (and many did)… do now!

btw Cheese… try being a Cowboy-hater and living in Dallas… it aint easy!!! Where’s my Torpedo???

robbo

Finished off the event with a solid 1 under par 71- My game was fine today…the weather wasn’t. It has rained for close to 16 hours straight and the entire course is a water hazard. My putting still wasn’t great today. I missed 5 putts from inside 6 or 7 feet which again doesn’t leave a good taste in your mouth and shows a 66 or so was out there based on my hitting.
I proved to myself that my ball striking for 7 of the 8 tournament rounds I played was excellent…one bad round yesterday killed a good collect this week.
My chipping was just average on this trip and my putting left a lot to be desired, but having a full time club job I never practice so what can you expect.
The only reason I can’t play any longer is financial…not the golf side of things or lack of ability. When you have an ex wife that wants to suck you dry for any penny you have it makes life difficult and quite frankly I need to enjoy the game and play it for myself,not for her and that day will never come for a long time it seems.
I just don’t have the money to go traveling around chasing the dream any longer. The only reason I came to Australia was to test myself and my game out and see if I could somehow make some quick cash. I had to run a fundraiser event at my club to even make it possible to come here, which was to my disappointment was poorly attended and didn’t nett much to cover much of my expense to come down here…
I can’t complain as I had a good career…,I probably should have done more if I had marched to my own beat instead of pleasing too many others…and I had a bad run with life off the course that really held me back and made life difficult…,(there should be a book in all that stuff somewhere one day!!)…but in my mind the time is now right to take a back seat and forget playing tournament golf as I really need a regular income I can rely on and I can hopefully pass on some knowledge to my students who I teach in person and to others who read these pages of the forum.
Maybe when all things finally (hopefully) calm down I can make a run at the senior tour which won’t arrive for me until 2017…I will have worn out a few duffel bags by then on modules and it also gives me 7 years to master the putter :smiley:

Well I just want to say thanks for sharing your experiences with us Bradley… and never say ‘never’.

Thanks Bradley. We are blessed to have you as a mentor!

Is there a tournament next week? If things are still the same, you get an exemption into the next event if you made the cut the prior week…
at least that was the way it was when I was playing down there…

You’re already down there…

Let us or me know… I’m sure if you just need a few bucks to get around for another week or two down there… we can put a hat out here on ABS and see you through that… :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m sure we can raise $1000 so you can play another week, if I can’t motivate this forum to help out I’ll shut this thing down in a heart beat!.. I’ll grow a beard, quit eating, and Lylan and I will do a John and Yoko style “bed in” until we raise the money! :open_mouth:

Good lord, if you are exempt next week, let us know asap!

Absolutely Lag!

I am in.

Me too!

I fully endorse your sentiments Lag but I think this is the last in Aus. for this year as detailed in the schedule:

pga.org.au/australasia

If I can help in any way I will.

Great round today Bradley espacially given your state of mind and the weather.

Two,
Along with everyone else here, I have so much admiration, respect, and best wishes for you. We have been, and remain, in your corner!
eagle

Thanks guys…it’s gonna have to wait for a rainy day however as this was the last event for a while on the Aust calendar

It will be OK for a while to keep working on my game, get some good fitness work in (club pros eat too much and don’t exercise enough!) and try and put some work into my putting with Lag’s recent thoughts about the flat stick, and we will see where it leads.
It is good to know people will be there to help if necessary. I certainly won’t hang the clubs up forever but for the immediate future with no events to compete in I will continue to work on my swing and spend more time on the short shots and when the time is right and I can gain access to some more events and feel the desire to compete I will more than likely give it another shot.
The difficulty is that my PGA status is non existent because I never won on tour and haven’t made 150 cuts to gain veteran member status. I also lost my Nationwide Tour status because my win was over 5 years ago and I have no status in Australia any longer because I haven’t played here much the past 10 years and have dropped out of the top 20 career money list.
Monday qualifying is no fun because again with out my PGA status I would now more than likely have to qualify just to be able to monday qualify for the 4 spots they have available in PGA events. And the Hooters or Tar Heel tour cost way too much money to join and enter week in and week out.
So I will keep working my game and see what eventuates down the road.It isn’t never say never but right now my options are limited (see above) and the cost involved isn’t viable with my other responsibilities in place as far as money is concerned and bills and payments I have to make

I hope everyone had fun watching the events.It was good to get a taste of it again…I just wish I could toss the 3rd round out and the week would have been a good result even with marginal putting

great effort Hugo, shame about the third round but the bounceback in the 4th round shows you that its nothing terminal and your game is coming back to a place where you can compete.

I’m sure the 83 hurts really bad but I’d suggest you shouldn’t throw the towel in just yet. Think of Colonel Sanders and Eddison, they never stopped chasing their dreams, even a level par in the third would have had you right up there.

At the same time if you truly feel that you want to teach rather than compete, the rest of us should respect your decision, I just hope you take the time to really decide what you want to do.

Best of luck whatever you decide.

I was fortunate enough to walk the fairways with Bradley in his first tournament here and watch from the ropes in the second. His passion for ABS was truly inspiring.

Despite being active in the LGLTM thread from way back at the start, I was a bit scared of putting a substantial effort into a course that really was unproven. The clincher that convinced me to go for it was Bradley rediscovering his natural swing from younger via ABS, and knowing if one of Australia’s most respected ballstrikers approves and isn’t selling anything, then we getting down to some truth here, not some swing theory that sounds good but maybe happens just to work for Lag.

Your participation here is truly appreciated and hope financial opportunities come your way.

It was a fairy tale ending for the “golden oldies” at the Australian PGA. Peter Senior wins the playoff with Geoff Ogilvie. A great outcome for Peter winning again 21 years after his first PGA win in 1989. There is something special about his ABS (like) swing. He just keeps hitting fairways and greens.

It’s a bit ironic that Peter stopped Oglivy from doing what he did 21 years ago winning both the Australian Open and the PGA back to back. If I remember right he won the Johnie Walker the next week. Those were not easy tournaments to win and had really strong international fields. That was one of the best runs of golf I ever witnessed.