Bradley at the Australian Open 2010

Lets hold tight. I am more than exited. Keep working at it Bradley.

Congrats TM!! Keep knocking it stiff

Nice work, Bradley. I’m very happy for you. Now keep it up :slight_smile:

68- 4 under par in the first round of The Aust PGA…Played nicely again- 11 fairways and 16 greens- 31 putts
I broke the long putter out and although I didn’t hole many putts it was a much better effort although I left a few out there by still not getting my putts to the hole enough times.
I got off to a good start with 4 under on my first 6 holes and near misses on the other 2 holes.Birdied the 10th (the actual 1st hole) to go 5 under but then lost my speed on the greens.
I got a new driver last week…A Taylor Made tri something or other…the reason I got it is because it has the insertable shaft and I snagged a 100g driver shaft from the club rep to stick in it.It is nice and heavy and allows me to wait and wait and feel the head before I blast through impact. I made one bad swing with it however on the Par 5 3rd hole (my 12th) that I had to chip out from leaving myself a 3iron for my 3rd shot which I over cooked on the wind into the water and after a decent pitch shot after my drop I holed a 15 footer for bogey to help salvage something from that hole.
Played the last 6 holes well for no result but was happy to get in the 60’s and in position for something to build on over the next few rounds.
Thanks for the wishes…tomorrow is a fresh start and a new day

Thanks for taking you time to give us an update. Keep it up. Excited and happy you are out doing what you love! :smiley:

Yes… thanks for the update.

But do me a favour please… can you choose a better colour for your shirt for tomorrow :smiley:

Nice scoring there Mr. Hughes!

Does anyone know if the tournament is being streamed on the net somewhere? I’m not down under, so… :question:

Nice scoring…

The thing that tempted me about the Taylormade R9 Super-Tri is not only the changeable shaft but the head weights. I mean you can go seriously heavy with different weights.

My modern driver is the Cobra ZL and I think I have the 12(?) gram weight in the head. My friends thing is ridiculously heavy and I just laugh. (if they only knew) One of my friends at the club has a VERY heavy RIP shaft in his Supertri and a lot of heavy weights in the head. I’m shocked he still hits it about 290. (I wish)

(I see Golf Channel’s James Nitties in the running too… what amazes me about his swing is how upright it is…seemingly always on the virge of an OTT move. I really don’t know how he do as well as he does?)

It looks like you’re fine tuning yourself now, and have the ball rolling. Keep it up!

LOL. You sound like me trying to name my first 20 girlfriends. :wink: I’ll bet you know all of your persimmon woods by first and last name!

Great job, Brad. I meant what I said about champion hearts. Go tear it up and get on TV some more!

Captain Chaos

I think this is a better link to follow the progress of Bradley as it gives hole by hole scores. He is off this afternoon and we have 5 hours of local nation coverage so hopefully we get plenty of his round.

oneasia.asia/index.php?optio … ent&id=215

Watching the Aussie PGA on ESPN3. Haven’t seen Bradley yet. Cool stuff! Thanks Dani.

2nd Round- a 1 under par 71 to be 5 under par…very tough afternoon today with a lot of wind coming from all different directions…I believe I am coming tied 13th at the half way stage which is a good position especially when you look at the scores…as I think only one person on my side of the draw beat me over the 1st 2 rounds and only by 1 stroke. The late/early groupings certainly got the better of it this week so far
Got off to a great front nine with 3 birdies and left 3 more out there with weak putts from around 9-14 feet that I didn’t even get to the hole which was weak as piss…back nine the wind really got up…I had 3 three putts for bogies on 10,11 and 14 which was very disappointing, 10 and 11 I made sure I wasn’t short and hit them too hard and past the hole and missed the come back putt…birdied both the par 5’s on the back and alas bogied 18 after a great drive…had a 5 iron into the green but hung it out right allowing for the wind and couldn’t get it up and down.
Take away the 3 putts which were wasteful and I would be right in the mix.
Hit 15 greens in reg (2 were about a yard off which I will count as greens hit for all intent and purposes)…so the hitting was very good again in trying conditions.
Tomorrow we are playing earlier on a two tee start because of possible rain coming in later in the day…Moving day if I keep my hitting and get some more confidence on the slower grainy greens with the putter.

All the best TM and thank you for keeping us all updated. I am wearing out my keyboard hitting F5 to refresh on the scores all the time - its compulsive stuff! :slight_smile:

Cheers, Arnie

I wish I could watch it. I’m refreshing the score screens from work… getting… no work done. Thankfully we are in a different time zone so I can hopefully catch some of it on TV.

It’s great to see things catching on Bradley. Keep it up!

The thing I hate about the tv show is that they are focusing too much on the wrong guy. Like today, IMO, they showed too much on Adam Scott and others that were not playing well. Not that I don’t want to watch them but maybe it’s better if we could watch someone that is on fire. Too much emphasise on miss and recovery. Or maybe I am a bit biased toward Bradley. I want to watch good ball striking not putting all the time. Then again, maybe it is really hard to choose which player to be covered :wink:

oh well… Good luck for the weekend Bradley…

Delighted to see you doing so well Bradley, will be cheering for you at the weekend. Don’t leave any more putts short…and you never know what might happen!

Well today was a disaster- a great reminder of just why I stopped playing tournament golf.
My driving was outstanding only missing one fairway…my iron play was atrocious.
I think the wind of yesterday and of today just ruined my swing back into it’s old habits (I obviously don’t have an impact bag to work with over here)
My divots became steep again, I had no distance control whatsoever and eventually my irons even looked bad to look down on at set up. I could not fix it no matter how much I tried to get the correct sensations.
All the into the wind,cross wind knock down just gave me the go ahead to bring my crappy swing of the past 15 years back to front and center…got on top of them, got toe deep on some…it was awful
Not that the shots were horrific or off line, but I came up short or long on several occasions into basically impossible spots to get up and down from or had long range putts where two putts was my only possibility. Got cute twice trying to play impossible flop shots and bunker shots and made double on them…and went at the pin on 18 and got wet there also for a double… 3 putted a couple…it was like someone hi jacked my body and brought in an imposter for the day.
Tomorrow will be a pain…off at 6.29am with nothing to play for…that’s why I stopped playing because I don’t want to fill up the numbers, I want to get in the mix and that is over for this week.
So tomorrow will be my last tournament round for a long long time…back to the grind of teaching and running my club again trying to save money for another day far far away.
Thanks to all who watched and encouraged

No worries mate. You have a family at home who loves you and a community here that you inspire. Rely on the knowledge that you can still tear a course up, as you demonstrated yesterday. Have a James Squire and then have some fun tomorrow…I’m sure the gallery is thrilled to see the two times Masters champ back on home soil.

Who hasn’t shot 80 before? How high can I raise my hand! :smiling_imp:

If you get this message Two before you tee off, go find a patch of long rough, and take a few swings in that, and that will sub just fine for an impact bag when you are on the road. It will put you right back into form in 5 minutes. I think you have played 6 competitive rounds in over a year, and you went out and beat guys that have been playing every week, and even good recently like Adam Bland, Chris Gaunt, and vets like Terry Price, Roger Davis, Peter Lonard, and Adam Scott. All those guys were sent packin’. Someone saw John Daly at the Parametta Fish Fry Friday night after his 83. :cry:

Bradley,

In the first two rounds you demonstrated that you have regained a very high level of ball striking ability. Many highly rated and seasoned golfers missed the cut which you achieved easily. All that is left is to repeat that over four rounds and with a reasonable short game outcome will ensure being in contention again. Remember you have been away from tournament golf for a very long time.

Please persist…you have the talent and game and please don’t judge yourself on the basis of a few ordinary rounds. I sense we have placed a lot of pressure on you as part of our common quest to find a way to play better golf.

I hope you can continue to live the dream as I, and I am sure most others here do.