What's a good come back....

I would tell him, “You are wrong about that but please keep preaching upright lies. I want everyone to keep thinking like you do. That is why there is a left side of the course. I’ll meet you in the middle…of the course that is.”

I laughed out loud when I read, “they are for my brother he is 4 foot.”

On another forum I asked a question about bending some irons. The irons are currently 2* upright and I just wanted some feedback on bending them 8* flatter. Of course, the very first reply had a “witty” comment, lol.

“Because it’s St. Patrick’s day I have to ask… are they for a Leprechaun?”

I woke up on the wrong side of the bed today, so instead of laughing I posted this reply:

[b]"No. For someone who is building a swing like Ben Hogan, Moe Norman, George Knudson, etc… someone who uses ground forces by squat loading into impact, and in the process takes the left side out of the equation.

More upright lies are on the same list as: longer irons, stronger lofts, lighter shafts… all “game improvement” measures that don’t help your game.

My irons are D6, 1/2" short, xstiff, and 6* flat… and I’ve never played better.

Here’s an example: get on you knees and swing your driver. Try to hook it, or pull it. Almost impossible. A flatter swing plane removes 1/2 of your misses, and flatter irons promote that. The games best understood that but for some reason we’ve lost that knowledge along the way."[/b]

Don’t tell them all the tricks of the trade Pinzer!!!

Unfortunately the most lightbulbs with all that great statement you wrote will be going off right here with ABS students :bulb: :laughing: because the generic teaching that everyone else receives doesn’t cut it (well…it does cut the ball!!)

Let everyone else just arm and hand slap away with no down pressure or post impact speed and rotation
watch them on the range…set the tee time… and make the bet :stuck_out_tongue: … you’ll be collecting

I just set up the new lies on a couple of classic MacGregor persimmons (driver and three wood) for a student today. 47 and 48 degrees.
Re drilled the holes this morning and dropped in a couple of still X100’s tipped a half inch and they look GREAT!

The are out in the sun drying on the deck as I type.

I’ll give them a test hit out at Mare before I send them off. Should have some pics to post of them in couple days.

Sounds great…looking forward to seeing the pics…whichever student it is will be in for a treat! :smiley:

Now THAT’s the kind of quality control I like to see! Nothing like the manufacturer doing a test drive before sending out the final product!

I just re-finished/re-shafted a left-handed Cleveland Classic driver for a friend of mine so he has something to use in our upcoming “persimmon/blades” event. Unfortunately I don’t think I can put the same sort of test drive on it as I’m right handed.

robbo