What Do You See?

I used to go on road rallies and sometimes all one was given for a clue to the next destination was a sheet of images, kind of what Lag posted, and you had to figure it out. This one obviously more difficult since we don’t know the end game, or emotive or cognitive purpose.

I was looking at the dragster and the front wheel is a star wheel configuration, and the next image is the adjustable wrench. So that would be a liner look and extrapolation to the images wherin a star wheel adjustment relates to brake drum tensions. Brake drums are round with the star wheel putting pressures on the sides of the circle, if a circle has sides

Also, a spiral wrap on the bottom bat…something is cooking with those images…what? no clue :laughing:

Back to the serenity of the rat nest for more contemplation. :slight_smile:

The music piece is interesting too. Totally different pitches and sounds between the double bass and xylophone…deep and rich instead of a ringy ting. Rounded shoulders on the bass as well. Fours strings on that bass, four chisels, and four exhaust pipes maybe going to a four parallel aspect.

Ok…I’ve had enough of this…my brain is fried, but has been since 1975. :slight_smile:

Well, this is a bit of fun. I am interested to discover the significance of the order of the images. I have nothing of interest to add to the race track v drag racer images. I did look at various race tracks and this image appears the closest to Watkins Glen, less the boot. I wonder why the puzzle creator eliminated the boot. Perhaps to be left with seven turns. If there were seven modules we would have something. Obviously, seven is “lucky”. It is heavily used in the Bible…God rested on the seventh day. I also read that it is a “magical” number in numerology.

The wrenches are interesting. The adjustable wrench on the bottom reminds me of the adjustable clubs they are making these days. It is perhaps intentional that the wrench has not been adjusted to “fit” the wrench. The upper wrench and nut superimposed on each other look like the Hogan logo sunburst.

The axe, as best I can tell, is a forest axe. Interesting when you go back to the persimmon driver.

As regards the violin v the xylophone I noted on Wiki that the xylophone is primarily used in America to teach young children music. Perhaps that is offered in contrast to the violin, which we associate with musical genius.

Good one nfbandon…a violin and not an upright bass.

Oops, there is a typo I mean the adjustable wrench has not been adjusted to “fit” the nut.

Range Rat…any thoughts on the importance of the sequence?

I have no doubt at this moment that there is a signficance to the sequence, given the last thing in a golf sequence beside watching something fly is the sound of the process. Ya’ know, if a violin, the bow probably is best seen as a horizontal force across the vertical strings. Now the strings are stationary, much like we are, but the horizontal forces can vary to grab different musical feels.

Not sure if I should salute the advertising guy for a fun puzzle, or smack hit in the head for drawing some OCD types, like me, into a rabbit hole. :laughing:

A few things:

Why are some of the pictures only partially completed (golf clubs and wrenches missing bottom halves, violin missing the bow, xylophone missing several bars), while other pictures are complete (baseball bats, chisel set, race track, axe, and dragster).

Also, the persimmon driver you can see the club face and the waffle iron you cannot.

Finally, the use of black and white imagery. Notice what is white in some pictures (perimeter weighting of modern iron, lanyard hole at bottom of axe handle, baseball bat wrap as Rat has mentioned, wheels of dragster, etc).

I think its reflecting the modern game vs the past… Start with all the technology… new modern light clubs. The newer gear the face is more closed. The older gear is open, similar to how we like to approach impact vs post impact roll. The bat I’m not sure as baseball is unheard of in god ol’ blighty. I’ll shoot for the human link between good technique in all sports, or the lack of the authorities to halt tech.

The race track is interesting, so many different pressures and forces acting on the tyres compared to the single need for traction in the dragster. A race cars ultimate grip is based on opposing forces. The more cornering load the less traction load left over to apply etc. The driver has to discover the perfect harmony for speed. Consider also the roll of the pivot? I like the idea also that the track driver looks very gracefull as the car glides with presicion lap after lap yet an in car shot of the footwell would show the tremendous effort & co-ordination by the feet…(internal tension)

Wrenches? Forearm rotation? Finding the slot…

Chisels… we earn our own swing, rather than all trying to look the same. The vast options of loading the club on the backswing as opposed to trying the latest teaching fad of the day

Instruments? The current PGA tour… bomb and gouge vs the lost artistry of shaping the ball.

Anyway, work time, happy new year to all :slight_smile:

Top Row
I am a traditionalist! I don’t get fooled by the claim that newer is better. Precision is everything for me because when I make my way around a track i consider its’ nuances carefully. In doing so I’m able to use the right tool for the right job, I don’t have a one size fits all approach to playing. I’ve learned to carve my shots carefully because each shot presents a unique set of challenges that must be considered. After years of study, practice, dedication and respect for the tradition, my game could only be described as artistry.

Bottom Row
I love the modern game! Damn I can’t wait to buy this years offerings!! The new stuff is so damn forgiving!, and I hit it at least 20 yards farther with my modern equipment. What I want is clubhead speed with a ball that fires away like rocket ballz!!! yeee haaa!!! I love my driver, in fact I live and die by my driver; One tool is all I need for most holes. Sure I don’t hit many fairways, but that’s ok I just chop the ball out of the rough with a wedge and putt it for eagle. This game is childs play really, there’s nothing much to it.

My heart and part of my mind agrees with dairic . But knowing a little bit of Lag’s writing I am afraid that he will come completely out of left field. Can’t wait !!
All the best in achieving your goals in 2013 to you all!

This post has been a lot of fun! Here it goes…

UPPER ROW:
Older traditional equipment(clubs)+ Heavy weighted equipment(wood bat) = moving and pressuring the golf club(race track) under tighter tolerances (box wrench) which develops the tools, skill and feel needed( woodworking/carving tools ) to make a golf swing(violin) not unlike that of a musician making beautiful music! Mastery and Artistry…

LOWER ROW:
New Equipment( Frying pan and shovels) + Over-sized light weight equipment(Titanium baseball bat)= Lunging and thrusting the club in only one direction( Dragster) Loosely and Haphazardly(crescent wrench) only developing a chopping/ hacking( axe) motion which is basic and elementary(xylophone) and I doubt we are going to Carnegie Hall playing the xylophone!
Practice Practice Practice!

The images don’t look golf related to me, but appears everything in the bottom row requires some strength in the hands to use ?

I am guessing that the overall theme of this set of pictures is ‘control’.