The Zone

Man, thats a nice swing John. Massive shoulder turn!

Is this something you will teach us (proper shoulder turn) in one of the modules? Module 6 perhaps with transition? Your wrists also look very oily in your swing! You appear to set your wrists and rotate your forearms late, is this something you recommend?

Its always nice to see a swing from the teacher once in a while! Its something we all trying to achieve and look forward to.

Thanks!

-B-

Thanks for sharing. I love burning those swings into my memory.

Moe taught me how to set the right leg straight at address and use it to post-rotate on. I don’t see any reason not to. The right knee has great potential for initiating transition if done properly… so of course that helps get the hips turned and then the shoulders. You want as much shoulder rotation as possible for anything close to a full shot. Arm travel is not a proper power source. The increase of the range of motion of the clubshaft has been exciting to see. After laying off the game for over a decade, I was sure that the days of getting the club past parallel with the driver where over. But the Super Slotting breakthrough last year is like adding longevity tonic to the golf swing. It’s changing a lot of things in my swing for the better, and I know some of the students here have been having good fortune as well. It really is a different action than the traditional transition that most good players work toward. Both work well, but I can’t see going back at this point. I’m having more and more really nice ball striking rounds without having to practice or even play more. I do drill however.

So yes, all this is covered. For the Module 5 students, you should be able to see that very much in action with a trained eye. Probably one of the best features of my swing. I still see a lot of room for improvement in my lower body, but it is getting better since I have been slowly exorcising the TGM left knee demon out of my swing :sunglasses: .

The transition stuff and shoulder rotation is critical… but it is more critical to learn to support and deliver the load through and beyond impact before attempting transition protocols. This is where the better players usually have the biggest jump start on new players.

Address and backswing are overrated concepts. I was demonstrating to a student yesterday how I can stripe a ball without a setup or a backswing. I’ll circle the club around my head like a helicopter blade, and then move right into a downswing and nail it. The idea that a proper set up is going to guarantee a good golf swing is total nonsense… same for a perfect backswing. Nonsense. Helpful? yes. Mandatory? no.

The golf swing is all about what happens through the impact arena. Transition, delivery into P3, rotation through impact and post impact protocols are the golf swing.

If you think of baseball infielders… they might be more accurate with their throw to first base with a pitchers’ wind up… but they do just fine throwing while running in motion or just fielding grounders. In that way the golf swing is no different.

True story. I was like :open_mouth:
Here are some stills from that demonstration. No backswing, waggle at the top, flushed down the middle. This is what the downswing looked like:
IMG_0869.PNG
IMG_0870.PNG
IMG_0872.PNG
IMG_0873.PNG
IMG_0874.PNG