Putting and the Yips (article)

Probably the app PING released. It’s been out for a while now.

Yes, I think he maybe mentioned it was Ping, but not totally certain. He said the application was free, but had to pay something like $30.00 for the plastic clip for attachment to the shaft. Good grief…$30.00 for a piece of plastic that must cost all of .02 from China. :frowning:

did you try it RR?
Or does the ABS Ping ruling apply to apps as well? :laughing: :laughing:

I ain’t going to try it…even if for free. :laughing:

Way to go RR!

Interesting Feedback from ABS Putting Module Student:

Hi Drewspin,

How do you use ground forces with an open stance in putting?

I liked your comments on the Putting and Yips thread. I’ve never realized
that Palmer, Player, Locke, were using ground pressure. I agree that it can
really free up the stroke and free up your brain.

I putt like I chip, with an open stance. But I don’t know how to feel more
ground pressure with an open stance during putting.

Mulligan
Santa Rosa, California

Is the putting module still available?

Is anybody out there? Bueller, Bueller, Bueller!

I’ve never seen a putting module, but I’ve only been with ABS about 6 or 7 months. My putting and short game have improved from applying ABS concepts however, especially focusing on body pressures.

Thanks Paul. I putted today on my 7-8 foot electric hill hole and it was an ab and leg workout compared to before just Relax. I like it.
Lag mentioned somewhere a long time ago that his putting improved with chip roller type putter and the putting module. It’s the same as the long abs long swing.

Yes, there is a putting module and it has been really helpful to players who have struggled on the greens.

It works around using more of a chipping method with a putter that is retrofitted to suit.

So how can we sign up? Don’t see it? It seems interesting.

I’ve always been a great putter and I was self taught. I had a Sam putter fit and my stroke was different but very consistent. I cut a bit and didn’t release too much and had a huge forward press. I hit the ball consistently in sweet spot and aimed left but cut pushed it with open setup. I’ve always just believed I could make everything and it helped. Would usually have 27-31 putts but my ball striking was always not the best. Like 3-5 greens was good for me😀. 9 would be unbelievable. I always liked practicing putting growing up cause it was free and didn’t have the money to hit balls. The Donald Ross course I grew up on had a huge practice green. I went back and looked at it. 40 yards wide. I would try to two putt everything there. Spent hours and done great players asked me for putting advice. Didn’t know what I did though😀. I did go thru some yips at 20 years old though. I just tried to make 100 footers before I heard the Phil/Jackie Burke stories. I did that on my own cause I knew no matter how good I got it I couldn’t make all 3 footers I was screwed. Past few years my putting has not been as good because spending so much time trying to hit ball better.

I actually have two ping putters I got after the SAM lab fitting and they are both 8 degrees which was fit to my stroke. Now that I’m hitting ABS does make sense to keep consistent but seems like a lot of work to change though especially with the big forward press but I guess I must have had a bit of chip roll since they fit me with such a lofted putter???

Putting doesn’t need to be different than a golf swing… for most it is… but it doesn’t need to be.

We have a putting module that covers what I would call a “chip rolling” technique. It’s very effective and we have seen very good results with those who have rolled with it… literally…

1 Like