Next Generation ABS

Hey John I was just curious if you could go back to being a young junior player like this but with the knowledge you have now, and your goal was to be the absolute best ballstriker you could be, what kind of things would you have worked on. Would you have done alot of the module reps or hit alot of balls or just play alot of golf with proper equipment?

All of the above. :sunglasses:

Hindsight is everything, isn’t it?

Lag, I just saw this sequence, absolutely fantastic! Great work to you both, very impressive…
Cheers,
BOM

Just finished making this for the son of an ABS student.

31" long, 46 degrees, looks pretty cool.

CIMG2669.JPG

CIMG2670.JPG

CIMG2673.JPG

Looks great - nice job NRG!

Cheers, Arnie

Kids really need flat gear… shorter shafts… but the heads should sit properly… and a set can be slowly extended and bent more upright as they get taller.

Putting an upright club in the hands of a child is not going to teach them an optimal golf swing. There is a tremendous opportunity to learn things correctly at a young age.

You are quite the artisan now NRG… impressive work, and nice to see this art-craft does not become lost to the ages like many have.

Before you know it your golfing days may be behind you and your own company will stand alone with a bright ‘NRG’ shingle on the door: Neil’s Refinished Golfsticks.

Pretty cool stuff. :smiley:

Sadly Ratter, my mates have already labelled me “the Backworth bender” sarky xxxxers. :laughing:

Neil has really done a good job (as he has for all other clubs he has worked on for me). My son has played it last week end is very happy.
Neil sooner or later you will have to do a few irons as well :slight_smile:

Marco

Thanks Marco, I’ll look forward to that.

I’m going to see if I can get some steel junior shafts in stock. I have a couple of sets of blades with a snapped club, so they might be good for doing a half junior set.