Moe Norman, My years learning from The Legend

anyone that comes to SF for a lesson on the deck gets a private screening… ! :open_mouth:

As if we would need additional motivation to attend a lesson on the deck. What is the package price? :stuck_out_tongue:

I suppose a trip to the deck will be in the cards for a few at some point.

Twomasters and I spent a bit of time out there in the last few days!
We got a lot of good work done…

let me know if you plan on getting out to SF.

So let me understand you here

Moe Norman was kind enough to allow you to film him and you think it is reasonable to keep it to yourself and a select few who can travel to SF

and join you on the deck. I don’t think that is what Moe would want. He loved to show his stuff to all that would watch him. Lets be reasonable.

Let’s be even more reasonable… Moe let’s Lag film him under confidence that it’s for Lag’s eyes only. I don’t begin to think I understand Moe’s intentions… but as private as Moe was I’ll let the guy who was there interpret those intentions. Timmlynch certainly can’t know those intentions but I’m confident that Lag will use proper judgement.

Robbo

Lag was able to film Moe when he was in much better golfing and physical shape than when he did expose himself to the world at the hands of Natural Golf- who took him for a bit of a ride
Lag was allowed to film Moe under the proviso at that time that it was for personal use and wouldn’t be utilized in any other way.
Now Moe has been gone a while- Lag could have done anything he wanted with it…but understandably and nobly he honored his word and sees it best fit to allow his students to see it in person. That way it can’t be infringed, stolen, used or abused- pretty honest in my book.
It is also a little like Charlie looking for the golden candy wrapper in Willie Wonka- a nice little mystery tour and something to look forward to as you move along the steps of ABS.

Cool. I know a vacation is in the cards for early next year. My wife has never really travelled anywhere so SF is a real possibility. :sunglasses:

Lag,

i have seen you state somewhere you could take a well educated guess as to what moe did, well i for one would be very interested in your thoughts.

i see from your massive lets talk lags golf machine thread you listed the parts that made up your swing from a tgm view for a pivot driven hitter.

i.e
10 1 A
10 2 B
10 3 B
10 4 D
10 5 A
10 6 A
10 7 C
10 8 not listed
10 9 not listed
10 10 C
10 11 D
10 12 C but somewhat varied
10 13 B customized
10 14 A
10 15 B
10 16 A
10 17 C
10 18 B but employed within a hitting protocol
10 19 A and B
10 20 E non auto version
10 21 B
10 22 B
10 23 B
10 24 D

i would really appreciate it if you could list what parts you think moe used

cheers have a good new year

Can someone tell me the definition of an “angular spiral” as it applies to CF motion. Is that the same as a tilted spiral?.

I believe this would be like a sea shell.

Equal angular spiral. I think Homer Kelley talked about the shaft moving into a parallel plane.

Hey Lag…better late than never :laughing:

I posted that question just days after finding ABS. At the time I was trying to figure out ABS terms, definitions, etc so I can get on the same page with the forums. I will say this…it’s been the best 10 months of learning and exploration I’ve ever encountered and my ball striking is something that I now own as a hitter. I’ve owned other methods, but I’ve always wanted to be a natural efficient hitter. When I started this game I was a natural hitter…but I knew that is was an amalgam of things that just didn’t fit exactly correctly, and was missing some sequencing pieces, but that hitting motion had some degree of efficiency but not to my liking… so that’s why I developed other methods to use…that is until I happened upon ABS by way of my Christmas present…this little Samsung mini-notebook…which has allowed me to finally lock into those sequences that I was missing…or didn’t completely understand.

Can’t begin to thank you, the forum users, and Two’s vast resources :sunglasses: for the improvements I’ve made. Now that the range is closed I’m going to remove the offsets in my Edges…can’t wait.

I am going to find me a computer geek to help me with learning how to post videos over on YT…so you can have a look…which I think seems fair since I’ve seen some of the great thinking you put into developing the module work on display over there. I was thinking of doing 3 consecutive shots using TGM swing, TGM Hit and ABS for your amazement or amusement :laughing: RR

Likewise, RR. I’ve been using an image you’ve talked about a few times concerning ‘drag’ in the swing. It fits in really well as a playable feeling for some of the things I’m working on. I was talking a bit ago about the swimming pool exercises I was doing, and I’ve incorporated it into those too. Which also reminded me of you talking about swinging the club in water a long time ago. It’s a great image for leaving the big loading for late in the downswing. It’s one of the things I like about images over plain ideas, they have a way of planting themselves in the brain and percolating.
Cheers,
BOM

I believe it was this thread Lag mentioned Moe’s trunk full of clubs…I found some pics of it all …plus his set hanging over his shoulder with lead tape everywhere

moe10.JPGmoe11.JPGmoe12.JPG

That is exactly how I remember it!
Right out of my memory bank!
Where did you find those pics? :sunglasses:

Martin Chuck uploaded a new video of Moe today on youtube:

youtube.com/watch?v=FmmIBmX7eR8

He got swing footage from some overhead angles, I made a couple of sequences from it.

Great angle for viewing the pivot IMO.

[vimeo]http://vimeo.com/30071086[/vimeo]

Moe said in the long video regarding his downswing:

“Keep your hands behind your back as long as you can”

Greg also explains in “The Real Moe Norman” that Moe"s move from the top was to direct his “left palm to his right his right heel”.

Can I presume these two actions correctly applied got Moe into his “super Slot” position?

Yes that would be correct… that creates a proper opposing force.

Even though Moe is considered a pure “swinger” of the club which I thought allowed some independent arm movement in relation to the torso turn, I cannot see any of this in Moe’s swing. The view from directly above shows the sholder and arm movement absolutely synchronised.

Would this be one of the reasons he hit it so consistently straight and pure when compared with other good “swingers”?

This is good stuff from Moe. In the video he mentions the absence of action/reaction in today’s swings, and when questioned said…“the legs going forward and the hands going backward.”

Hitters know this…more loaded extensor action in the lead arm from going two directions at the same time…and toe up deflection through the zone.
ken.jpg