Lag's Playing Blog (Out on the Links!)

Bodega Bay

It is possible for a good player to score on horrific weather conditions if you can keep your ball in play, chip and pitch well and sneak in a few putts. With winds averaging near 40 mph and gusts over 50… we had no idea what we were getting into today heading up the coast to Bodega. As beautiful as ever… but it was a gale out there. Not surprisingly, we were the only ones on the entire golf course. No one… just us. In a way I was surprised the course was even open. It took two hands to get the flag out of the hole.

I played as good as I possibly could on the front nine shooting 35 even par. I took advantage of the downwind holes and survived the into the wind holes. The cross wind holes were crazy. #1 and #2 where straight downwind… so I played bump and run shots into the greens. The second hole I usually hit a full 9 iron into, but today I was only 40 yards from the front. I played a pitch bump up the slope that turned out perfect and stopped 6 feet past the hole. Somehow I braced up with a super wide stance to get some stability and holed the putt. I bogeyed #2 a long par 3 with a massive cross wind blowing left to right. Missed the green right and just missed from 10 feet after a nice pitch into the wind. The 3rd I usually hit a 6 iron in… today I drilled a 1 iron that again missed way right of the green due to the wind. Hit a great pitch to 15 feet and rolled in the putt. I think having an 18 ounce putter is a huge advantage in the wind. The next hole was a 5 par with now a fierce right to left wind. Played from the left rough and nailed a strong 2 wood to get within wedge range and got it onto the green for a two putt par. The 6th is a par 3 about 165 from an elevated tee. The wind was blowing so hard right to left I had to aim 30 yards right of the green. I hit a 4 iron as hard as I could and once the wind caught it… it took the ball all the way to the left side of the green. I hit a great lag putt from about 50 feet for a tap in par. The 7th is also a par three with the same R to L wind. Gutted a 1 iron that stayed very low and fed down toward the green just running up onto the front fringe. All I could have asked for and I got down in two from there from about 40 feet. The last two on the front nine headed straight back into the teeth of the wind. 8 is a reachable par 5 but not today. I kept my drive about hip high and ran a worm burner up the middle then a 2 wood that got me to about 110 out. Played an really nice 8 iron… low and a bit right to left that worked toward the pin leaving me about 20 feet. I holed the putt in a gale. I had to laugh as I hadn’t been putting all that well generally speaking the last few rounds. The 9th is a short par four… usually a drive and a PW… today it was a driver and a low 6 iron I hit beautifully to about 15 feet left of the hole. Just missed the putt.

Not likely my good fortune would continue on the back nine as the wind seemed to pick up even more pace. 10, and 11 where back straight downwind… so I managed pars there. I bogeyed the par 3 12th missing a 10 foot par putt after chipping up from left of the green after playing a 3 iron.

13 it was back into the teeth. A drive 8 iron hole was now a driver 1 iron. I hit the shot of the day to coax a hard 1 iron onto the front edge of the green about 20 feet below the hole. The par felt like a birdie.

At this point, I could feel parts of my fingers going numb from the cold. I did have a sweater on… but it was a thin summer sweater and I was starting to shiver a bit. It just gets much harder to putt when this happens.

The 14th is a long four par… and it was a three shot hole today. Made a bogey. The next fortunately was a 5 par so I managed to get an 8 iron onto the green on a hole that I have reached before in two… and got par.

16 is the signature hole on the course. It’s a drivable four par all carry across the ocean marsh… but the safe play is out to the right with an iron. But since it was straight downwind… I took out driver, teed it as high as I could and just needed to get the ball up into the airstream. I just couldn’t miss it left… which is not much of a worry with this pole shafted driver. Caught a good one and the ball ended up just off the right fringe of the green. I chipped to a kick in and was standing on 17 at 1 over par. Another 71? This 6 iron par three is now a 2 iron into a tiny green with marsh left and brush hazard right of the green. It looked like the hillside hazard grass right of the green had been cut down a bit… so I thought if I miss to miss there and I could still have a chance to pitch something onto the green. Since I don’t hook a 2 iron very often with my lie angles so flat… I played it at the left edge of the green and just nailed on that held it’s line and found the left front bunker. Played out to 10 feet and missed the putt. 18 was dead down wind where you play to an elevated fairway… then down and across the marsh to kind of an island green. I missed my drive right into a fairway bunker and then hit a 6 iron into the bunker short of the green. Blasted nicely to 5 feet and missed again.

So while the front was very solid golf… four bogeys on the back and the birdie on 17 got me home in 38 for a 73. To shoot par today I would have needed more help from the putter on the back nine… but making 3 birdies in this gale was respectable… and to get around in only three bogeys would be asking a lot. 6 bogeys was what happened.

The key to wind play is keeping the ball low and in play and avoiding doubles, triples. Some holes are just going to play a shot more than par and you have to accept that. If you can chip and pitch decently and hopefully hole a few putts, you can card a respectable score.

When I was on tour… there would still be some guy who shoots 68 in this stuff. But if you can keep it around par in these kind of conditions… there would always be a nice check coming your way on Sunday afternoon.

Dad said it was the windiest round he could ever remember playing.

John,

Your account reminds me of a quick trip I made down to Bandon Dunes when visiting my inlaws over Christmas a few years ago. I snuck down the coastal highway down to Bandon. It was cold and overcast when I started down there…low 40s…but not particularly windy. When I got there I decided to play the newest course Old Macdonald. Things started off fine, but the third hole is a blind tee shot over a high ridge. When I got to the ridge I was almost knocked down. Turns out that ridge was hiding the wind coming off the ocean. I remember a stretch on the back nine where I faced a 210 par three dead into the wind on which I left a driver 30 yards short, and a 360 yard par four straight downwind on which I put a 3 wood in the green side bunker. But what I remember most is learning I couldn’t fly the ball into the downwind holes, so early on I started using a putter, since the course is a true links and can be played on the ground. I hit one green from 125 with that putter! Pro shop said the gusts were clocked in the 50s, and I would think the steady winds were at 40 or so. Was kind of fun actually.

Bodega Harbour GL is an interesting place. Back when I was in college I worked there for a few years and played a ton of rounds there. Originally it was a nine hole layout(the back nine) and then twelve years later the front nine was completed. It always seemed like three different courses to me. The first five holes(up the Hill) then the next four(down the hill to the clubhouse) then the back nine… hard to beat the views when the weather is clear. The course always used to be pretty wet even into the summer partly because of poor drainage and the normal damp and foggy coastal weather but they have made an effort to dry it out and last couple times I played there I was pleasantly surprised to be able to hit some run up shots into some of the greens and get some roll in the fairways and just have some options. I have also seen it so windy there that some of the pins literally would be at almost 90 degree angles!

NFbandon,
I played Bandon Dunes one year when it was so windy my playing companion put his carry bag on the ground getting ready to tee off and his full bag blew down the fairway end over end about forty yards… I have never seen anything like that.

Green Valley CC

Hard to believe it had been nearly 3 weeks since I last played. The winds of Bodega are still fresh in my mind.
I must have brought them with me because it was howling pretty good out at Green Valley CC yesterday. It was a nice ABS moment teeing off the first and then having “Nicelikejohnny” come walking over from the 9th fairway to say hi… we had not physically met before… so that was a treat. Zack said he had not been playing well recently and I suggest it’s again because he has been bouncing back and forth between a modern driver and persimmon. Of course we always play persimmon. Today he didn’t have his woods, as he is having the “Hogan Grind” put on them so they sit more open… being done over at Mike’s. Mike wasn’t home when he drove by to pick them up… so I supplied him a couple of mine that I was using last year. A bit lighter at 13.5 compared to my newer 15 ounce behemoth Spalding Model 28 with the Gamma Fire insert.

I played near perfect tee to green in the high winds for the first 8 holes hitting every green and came to the 9th 2 under par… from two kick in birdies on #1 and #6. Lot’s of near misses and could have been 4 or 5 under as easily as not.

#9 turned back dead into the teeth of the wind… and I tried to play a low fade off the tee, but I hit it dead straight into the left trees. Had no shot… and had to play out to the right and made bogey. Came back on #10 and made a 6 foot curler for birdie. Missed the fairway right on #12 and got the ball knocked down by the wind on the approach and made a really nice kick in up and down from a very tough position short of the front bunker. After a par on #13, a tricky swirling wind par three, I came to the tight driving hole #14 and hit by far the best drive of the day. Had just a short wedge in from about 100 yards… it’s usually a 7 or 8 iron in but playing downwind… I was in good position to make another birdie and get it 3 under going into the next hole which is a par 5. The pin was back left and decided to play a low wedge shot and skip it back to the pin.
However, I just simply miss judged the intensity of the shot and flew it all the way to the pin, and it skipped over the green into a tough lie. Hit a nice chip… but as I have stated over and over… missing long left is not the place to be… missed a 6 foot putt and made a very disappointing bogey. On #15, my drive again didn’t cut enough and I was left side of the fairway not down the right… and I had to play my second out into the right rough short of the green. Had a fluffy lie and accidentally left it in the right greenside bunker and failed to convert that for another bogey. #16 was back dead into the wind. It’s the long par 4 of the course and I couldn’t get there even hitting driver - 2 wood. I nailed the 2 wood into the front greenside bunker. Missed another 6 footer for a third straight bogey. #17 is a long iron par 3, and I caught a 1 iron a bit thin into the front right bunker. But this time… from about 50 feet… played a really nice shot and this one hit, skipped, released and dropped into the cup for a 2!

Hit another great drive on #18, but hit a poor wedge shot about 40 feet past the hole… but all was forgiven when I dropped the putt for another birdie to finish and beat old man par in the high winds.

What did I learn? I am going to put together a different gap wedge and set it up the same as my PW but at 54 degrees and I am going to make one out of another split sole. For some reason I just don’t like the feel of the gap wedge I have been using so… I think I would have saved myself two shots using a split sole gap set up the way I have envisioned.

So my 9 iron is at 44 degrees, my PW now at 50 and a new gap will be at 54, and then my 56 SW.

All in all… it was a very quality round of golf that had 66 as a possibility in those winds which would have been a world caliber round of golf if I had made every putt inside 8 feet.

71 Mare Island

Hard to believe it’s been over a month since I last played… and I think three weeks before that. I don’t play as much golf in the summer months as the courses are usually busier, play slower, and sometimes a bit hot. I don’t like walking Mare in particular when it’s over 90 degrees.

Today was just beautiful golf weather. Probably about 75 degrees and overcast with a slight breeze coming straight off the North SF Bay. Newman and Zack joined me and we got some looks off the first tee with us all cracking the persimmons.

After just missing birdie on #1, hit a nice recovery on #2 from the right trees to about 25 feet and canned it for birdie. Hit the green on the tough par 3 third to make par there then rolled in a second birdie on the 4th from about 15 feet below the hole to go 2 under with the next hole the courses only par 5.

After a nice drive and 2 wood to about 30 yards short of the green… I was a bit more left than I would have liked to have been and had to play the pitch shot to a downhill green… and hit it too hard and it rolled off the green. Hit a poor lag putt and had to make a 6 foot left to right slider to save par. That kind of thing is just from not playing enough.

Made a nice up and down on #6 from long right of the green with an 8 foot saving putt… and had to get up and down from a bunker on #7 for another par saver after a poor iron shot.

#8 is a long par three I usually hit a 2 iron on… today the wind was right to left and slightly trailing… my gut told me to hit a hard 3 iron… but instead I babied a 2 iron and drew it long left of the green. Hit a fair recovery but it checked up fast on the green… and I three putted from 15 feet for a double bogey. Frustrating to give back both shots. Usually getting it under par early at Mare is a set up for a good round.
Had some nice birdie runs on the next few holes… but came up empty.

#14 is not a hole I birdie often. The green is two tiered and today’s pin placement was just over the crown on the back level. After a nice 1 iron to a perfect spot in the fairway… I had an 8 iron left. The only way to get the ball close would be to land the ball just over the crown about 10 feet left of the hole and with a ton of spin on it so it doesn’t roll out. I hit the best shot of the day and landed it perfectly and the ball stopped on a dime.
Rolled the putt in to get back to 1 under. Unfortunately I hit my iron shot too high into #15 and the wind just grabbed the ball and sent it back down the front of the green… and rolled off the false front leaving a very difficult chip up the hill. Missed the 10 foot par saving attempt. It was a very good putt that should have gone in … just like the one I hit on #12, but that’s Mare. You are not going to make every putt out there no matter how good you roll them.

17 I hit a thin 8 iron and it caught the lip of the right bunker and I didn’t convert… in spite of another nicely rolled putt.

18… I was a bit frustrated and really went hard at the drive… but it didn’t turn and caught a tree up the right side and left me about 220 in. I made the best swing of the day and just knifed a 2 iron right at the stick that just rolled by the hole about a foot off the back edge only 20 feet from the pin. It was a chip that was makeable. I could have putted it… but I noticed a depression between my ball and the pin. This situation offers an advantage to those who pay attention. If there is a dip in the green… you are wise to try to land your chip at the bottom of the depression. If you catch it weak, the ball with hit the downslope and help kick it forward. If you catch it too hot it will land on the upslope and slow the ball down. You almost can’t go wrong on these shots… and I just missed holing it.

While I had a good start… I was a bit off today with my iron play… and probably lucky I holed some nice putts to walk off with a 71.

John and Zack on #5 tee:
IMG_4021 - Version 2.JPG

70 Green Valley CC

Zack and I enjoyed nice round in the summer heat today.

I suppose today I could have saved myself the trouble of walking around the course and just walked in after the first hole. After a well struck perfectly positioned drive on this opening par 5, I flushed a 4 iron up the hill with a little draw that landed on the front edge stopping two feet from the pin for a kick in eagle. So walking off both the first green and the 18th two under made the rest of the round seem a bit of a formality.

Two other birdies… one from a 1 iron approach to 15 feet… and the other with a 4 iron into the long par four 16th onto the front edge of the green that I then chipped on from 20 feet.

The 1 iron birdie was on a par 5 (3rd hole). Driver into the right rough, pitch out from under a tree, hit 1 iron from 215 to 15 feet and make the putt. Never give up on a hole!

This round was all about hitting flush long irons. Two other long irons into the par 3’s on #5 and #17 both of those were inside 15 feet with a 4 and 3 iron.

This was the kind of round I could have gone low had I driven the ball better on the front nine and made a few extra birdie putts from inside 15. With 3 birdies and an eagle, all the give backs were from poor drives on the front nine. Having driven the ball quite nicely recently, it took me till the back nine to find that groove again.

There was great potential in this round I failed to realize… because when you stick long irons like that on the hard holes, is a shame not to really capitalize on that.

Green Valley CC

Hard to believe it’s been almost a month since I last played. Zack hasn’t been playing much either as he just moved into his dream home and has been busy moving in, painting and landscaping. It was really hot today. Walking and carrying our clubs up these hills on 90 plus degree weather was challenging.

In general I drove the ball very well today. I have had better iron approach rounds but I hit my long iron shots all excellent today. Oddly enough my wedge game was a bit suspect. But when you putt like I did for a stretch of holes today, it’s hard not to post a score in the 60’s.

After routine pars on the first three holes, I found myself in the fairway on the fourth, but on the wrong side and blocked by trees. I knew this teeing off, but I was much farther down the left side than I ever have been. Completely blocked and I had to punch under trees left of the green. I chipped from long rough to 10 feet and made the putt.

Then 4 iron to 15 feet … drained for birdie.

Then 9 iron to 30 feet … drained it.

Buried in the front bunker after a miss hit 7 iron, blasted 20 feet past the hole and drained the par saver.

6 iron to 15 feet on the eight, drained that for a third birdie.

parred the ninth for a 33 front nine.

Routine pars on 10 and 11, and had a good look from 15 feet on 12 just missed.

Canned a nice 12 footer for birdie on 13 after a beautiful 6 iron from the tee on this par 3.

On 14 I tried to fade a drive into the fairway from the elevated tee but hit it straight into the left trees and made the day’s first bogey.
Came back and made a nice 10 foot birdie putt on 15 to get back to 4 under.

The 16th is the monster par 4 on the course. We both nailed our drives on this long and tight hole and Zack hit 3 iron in and I had a 4 iron in from 190.
This is how golf is supposed to be played… we are supposed to have to hit some long irons into 4 pars. We both hit the green and Zack canned his for birdie. Zack and I had combined for 10 birdies today through 16 holes. Fun stuff to see him striking it so beautifully today.

17 is a long par three and today into the wind also. Zack hit 3 iron just short into the left front bunker. I nailed a 2 iron right into the center of the green and it just skipped off the back. Could not have struck it better. Probably the best swing of the day. Unfortunately I had a tough left to right downhill putt from just off the back fringe and the slope just took it down about 8 feet right of the hole and I hit a weak putt that just didn’t have good pace. Disappointing to make a bogey after such a stellar tee shot.

Parred 18 for the 69 to break the 70 to 73 scoring range I have been locked into for months.

Zack played a beautiful round shooting 71 with 5 birdies.

The lesson of the round was to “stay open” to good things happening… like all these putts going in. It’s easy to think… well, I have lucked a few in, and it’s not likely I will make another snake putt. But I kept saying to myself, Let’s stay open to the possibility of this one going in also. There is no rule that says I can’t make 5 putts in a row from over 10 feet. I felt like Phil today on the greens. Only played the 5 pars one under… so this round had good potential to go low had I played better wedges today. Only hit 13 greens, so to shoot 3 under was good stuff. Pretty close to a bogey free round. Pretty happy to be able to play this well having not played for nearly a month. It’s a strange game sometimes.

Final thought.
Nike does not make quality golf shoes. The heel was not even nailed through and the shoe came apart on the last hole. Sad to see such a poorly constructed shoe being marketed as quality :imp:

Back to the vintage FJ Classics, and maybe an extra spike or two real soon!

Nice John…told ya you were going to break 70 yesterday!

Lag,

What ball have you been using during your playing rounds?

Various balls… whatever I find in the rough at Mare. All the modern balls feel like rocks and don’t spin properly. I probably play Titleist the most if only because it bring back memories of what a great ball they used to make.

If you were to give me the Pepsi challenge and blindfold me, I couldn’t tell a Nike ball from a ProV or a Srixon or a Taylor Made from a Noodle.

It’s depressing because it’s the one thing I can’t do much about. I can still play the great old tracks… set up my gear the way I like… wear steel spikes when no one is looking… but the ball… I have a few balatas still, but most are toast… and have lost their life… so that’s not a good option.

Mare Island

When I teed off, I assured myself that the last time I had played, having not played for a month I shot 69. However, I think I might have been pushing my luck a bit having only played one prior round in the last two months. I think just lack of being on a golf course finally caught up to me.

I’m glad I putted decently or it would have been worse. Having recently spent ten 8 hour days laying deck boards at my parents house, I’d like to blame it on that. Whatever the reason, golf felt like a difficult game, especially when the ball doesn’t go where I aim it.

Good thing I sank a 20 foot par saver on the first and rolled in a 30 foot birdie on #4. It’s good I hit a 2 iron on the par three 8th that landed 6 feet from the pin.

Bogies on #2 #3 and #9. Good thing I got up and down from the sand on #9 to save bogey!
After missing good runs at birdies on #10, #11, #13, I followed up with a bogey on #14 after driving it right into the brush.
Had two more good looks on #16 and #17 but after ping ponging the ball around in the trees on #18, I did well to get up and down again for bogey.

This round was much more about Zack shooting 69. He struck the ball beautifully, probably the best I have seen him strike it.
Just a good solid round that could have been a lot lower if some putts had dropped. What was really impressive was how he got up and down from over the green on #16 after rifling a 5 iron right at the back pin placement. I think he just hit the shot too good. Very tough to get up and down from there and his pitch shot was outstanding landing on the fringe, then trickling down to about 5 feet. The putt was steeply downhill breaking left to right and he made the putt right in the heart. He made another nice save in #18 to beat old man par out at Mare. Not an easy accomplishment. It was fun to see, much nicer that watching my own round… that’s for sure.

Golf can be tough game sometimes.

It’s a nice time of year to play golf out here, so it’s time to get out and have another go soon at Mare.

Blue Rock Springs

It was a perfect afternoon… 72 degrees, just a hint of a breeze. It was nice to get out and play again with Al Barkow. He was excited to play coming off a 74 this last weekend at Metropolitan… his best round scoring at the age of 81!
The greens today were poor… sanded last week and far from full recovery…bumpy and sandy.

I had no idea how I was going to play. Playing my third round in almost three months, and my last round out … not very good, I wasn’t expecting much.

The best thing about the day is that we played 18 holes in 2 hours and 45 minutes! Teeing off at 1:15 and tapping in on 18 at 3:45.

It sure helps to get into a brisk flow when playing, and just get to your ball and fire away. Slow play is really overrated!

I drove the ball perfectly hitting every fairway. Makes the game a lot easer from the short stuff. Nice birdie on #2 rolling in a 15 footer, and then sticking my iron into #4 a foot from the pin for a kick in there. Added another birdie on #6 after sticking an iron on the par 3 to about 5 feet. Parred 7-9 to turn in 33… and that was failing to birdie either par 5.

Back nine had nice birdie chances on 10 and 11 from about 8 to 10 feet that just slid by. Rolled in another nice 20 footer on #12 to get it 4 under.

Unfortunately I gave one back on #15 missing a 3 foot putt. It happens… and I love to blame it on the sanded greens! But I think I just hit a bad putt… maybe not?

Nice to come back on #16 and throw another iron shot in there tight and convert. It was one of those holes that was just played perfect. Back left pin was tucked behind a bunker… I could see that from the tee, and took a gamble going down the right side of the fairway just sliding past the bunker there and setting up my approach with the perfect angle. Played the iron shot nicely and converted.

It was a nice day… struck the ball well… great to play with Al… and enjoyed the brisk pace of play in well under 3 hours.

76 Blue Rock Springs

Newman and I played out at Blue Rock about a month ago. I forgot that I didn’t put in an entry for it…
In some ways I probably was hoping I would forget about this round… but it’s these rounds that usually smack me on the head that I need a bit of work on my action.

After going almost another month without playing, I think things finally caught up with me. It’s important to get out and play this game on a golf course and hit the full spectrum of required shots under real playing condtions.

I played awful. Drove it poorly, and you can’t do that on this golf course. Iron play was not sharp, short game was off, putting was mediocre at best. No birdies, never got anything going. Never had a feeling I was turning things around etc.

I took some videos a few days later and while I was slotting the club nicely, I was not pulling it hard enough through the shot.
Basically what I saw was a lazy action through the strike… losing wristcock and not working the pivot post impact the way I needed to… or usually do.

If I have one swing key that I should stamp on my forehead it would be “Hold Wrist Cock” “Feel the Orbit Pull” or “Heel Heavy Divots”

I had just lost this feeling a bit over time. With the work on Super Slotting stuff, I lost sight on the other side of the swing which is really more critical. So while I am certainly slotting the club deeper, this does nothing unless you increase the orbit pull pressure to firm up the strike through impact.

Oak Creek Country Club Sedona AZ

After a month of grinding on Mod 3, and working on a bit of a modified drill to correct the problem I was having, I felt pretty good going out and shooting 68 without having played golf for about a month. I hit 17 greens and rolled the ball nicely making 2 nice putts for birdies, two kick ins, and a 20 foot saver for par on the only green that I missed.
I don’t know how my short game is… chipping etc… because I only chipped once and it was not a good one. I pitched up a slope and bladed it 20 feet by.

The conditions were perfect for scoring. No wind, greens holding perfectly, smooth with little play on them.

What was happening is that by working the Super Slotting stuff, which really helped me for a while, but I didn’t keep up with the necessary post impact pressures to “pull the sword from the stone”. I got to a point I couldn’t draw the ball enough when I needed. While I was getting deeper, I started losing the club post impact because I just wasn’t getting my hands from right hip pocket at P3 to left hip pocket at P4. I came up with an interesting drill to help me really feel the orbit pull much stronger and the wrist cock hold through the shot, and it also really helped my Mod 2 pressures in the right foot. So I feel I am getting back on track. I was able to hit nice draws into the greens and could draw my 1 and 2 irons properly off the tees. For me to strike the ball near my best, I need to have both R to L and L to R diversity both with driving and iron shots.

This was the best I have struck the ball in a while.

I didn’t hit a lot of drivers, only 5 of them… mostly irons off tees. This is a fairly tight golf course.

I’ll bite.

Are you going to post the drill somewhere?

I am going to work with it a bit more. I don’t like to just throw things out there that work for me short term. I usually field test something for at least 6 months. I also haven’t quite figured out how best to explain it, or what the pitfalls might be for those who might not be ready for it… and also where to place it in the course. For instance, I don’t have students working on Super Slotting after a brief encounter with Mod 1.

This does have to do with active slotting then working into a very hard Mod 3 situation. But mainly it is a sure fire way to feel the orbit pull - wrist cock hold - and the heel heavy divot feel. It also engages some of the weight transfer stuff I have posted over in Mod 7.

I do see strong upside potential as a teaching tool for students. I’ll certainly make it available when I’m 100% confident in how to deliver it on an instructional platform.

Had a blast the other day watching these guys and picking up some pointers.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzh_zHfVbZ8[/youtube]

^^ walking the walk

Nice swings!
I particularly like the second swing as a visual for myself, not sure who this is. I have been a steep across the line swinger for some time. To fix this I have envisioned swinging in a basement with the ceiling touching the top of my head. This player looks as if he could do that. Any chance you could post face on video?
The other thought would be to have Hogans sheet of glass one inch above the shaft plane, on the same angle, and swing under it back and through impact, as it seems he could as well.
Just wondering what others think of this swing thought, positives, pitfalls?
I understand there are many different ways of loading and looping and transitioning, but what would be the negatives of this if any? Probably getting ahead of myself, but need to understand this better. I am extremely visual.

Thanks for any thoughts.