Hogan 5 Lessons and 'Lag'

Reprinted by permission of Lag!!! from the private student area

hoganlag.JPGHogan 4.jpg

I’m hard pressed to think of a particular move in Hogan’s swing that I can’t find in some other great player. I don’t see any flaws in Hogan’s swing. I think there are other players that did some things better than Hogan. For instance I think George Knudson had better leg and footwork… however, I also realize that Hogan was in a serious car accident and his legs were never the same afterward. I see their intentions as being the same.

I think Palmer had better finish intentions… in other words Palmer did the best job of preserving a hitter’s impact alignments right into finish with tougher more rigid structuring. Again, their intentions were similar if not the same.

There have been players that have turned more level through impact than Hogan… but not many who have done so and ALSO hit that deep a 4:30 line.

The first real BIG key factor in the golf swing is what and how you initiate transition (I am speaking in golf swing chronological order here). There are several ways that are effective in doing so.

The second BIG factor is if you are going to “hit or swing” once you arrive at P3.
This basically creates a “Y” in the road that will create completely differing post impact protocols.