GEARS 3D Modeling System

It’s the same as fitness as well. Why do many join a cross fit gym for a while? To shock the system… activate muscles that one didn’t think they even have. After a while you shock it again and go back to heavy lifting. Or you can say a bulking stage than a cutting stage

Same as hitting old gear and new. It’s really a great feeling switching it up once in a while

Imagine developing a motion that would let your flush an iron with a sweet spot with the size of a dime? And a shaft that was so stiff and unforgiving?

How much simpler would that make the more forgiving current gear? Infact I’m not sure why all teachers don’t implement that as training for new students. Make it very difficult so they have to earn it.

This is all people care about now. Not even one mention about accuracy or control. Just speed

The game is about dominating a course. Where missing a fairway off the tee is meaningless. I do get the idea totally. But again, training with old gear would get you the accuracy and consistency missing from the speed part. Imagine if someone was laser straight and a 350 plus hitter? Now that would be scary

I think most people had equally shitty swings in the 1950s, 1960s, 1970s, 1980s, and 1990s as they do now. There’s no sense in running from the fact that golf is hard, counterintuitive, and that most people just have really bad movement patterns and none of that has anything to do with the equipment.

But I do think if we rolled back the ball and equipment the swing would change somewhat at the Tour level. But I don’t think it would be shockingly different. The big difference would be that mishits would be more detrimental and they would have more spin issues.

But none of that addresses the fact that players who want to compete have to compete in the modern arena and they have to play the game against a modern field. And they have to do it on modern courses.

1 Like

No one is forcing anyone to use old gear to learn the advanced ball striker program. I had my current gear bumped down to 4 degrees flat. Which is the max they can do on a set of Calloway irons I was told. But I also have all the old heavy flat gear as well.

Not sure if you studied George Gankas. But tons of these drills are in line with what he teaches. Some differences. But I think he would even approve of this as well. And what I read he also likes flatter heavy equipment for some of his students as well. Plus you can do this at home or anywhere for that matter. It’s very simplistic and s great starting point or ending for any player of the game.

I would say for the 99% of steep throw golfers with shitty swings. These drills would be monumental for their improvement. Handicaps would drop

If a player was struggling with flat old gear. Than I get it. It’s not easy and very humbling. And you can really feel a mis hit in the hands

If someone is struggling with current gear that has a sweet spot the size of the moon. Than I would have to say they really must suck

Thats Total bullshiat herd mentality. Those that want to preserve golfs future take a different perspective

USGA changes all the time. A rollback to a tournament ball will happen eventually. Nicklaus and many great players promote a rollback to keep the integrity of the game. To say the “game is what it is” is totally irrelevant to the future of the game. Thats like saying NFL CTE brain issue “is what it is” No the quarterback attcks have been drastically changed to squelch the game. The Tour Player today needs squelched tightened and throttled w technology not advanced imo.

Nicklaus has a whole course used with a Cayman ball. But the balls we use now keep changing and it has presented a huge problem

@Crankus How has the baseball bat and ball changed the last 50 years? How has a hockey stick and puck changed in the last 100 years.

The golf ball is out
Of control only because they can change the stadium.

That is the thing. Has these changes really benefited the amateur player ? Last I looked the average medium score is still 97. And has been that way since they started tracking it. No matter how big the sweet spot/ the amateurs are still all over the place. The wedges have really changed the game. But hard to make up ground when you are 50 yards right or left in the woods. The ball goes straighter now for sure. Which is even scarier. Makes me wonder how much worse players would be with the old school balata ?

So if we took these current amateurs back to let’s say 1950 or 1960. They would probably quit the game after a round or two. They would be missing 100 yards right and left. Instead of the 50 now.

No one wants to put in the time how to actually use a golf club

Probably better bc they wont be 30 yards in the woods.

The bottom line is where does it end?

The golfballs and club technology seem to have little regulation.

The marketing of these products is head shaking all the money spent to BUY a game.

Nonsense

1 Like

It’s going to keep going. They even have a club now that hits 200 yards and you never even make a swing. Eventually that 200 yards will be 400 with no swing

1 Like

If I sign up for a State Open or a US Open qualifier I have to compete with the current rules, the current equipment, and against a modern field. Period. I can’t just show up in some plus fours and say “Today is a persimmon day ‘ol chums.” It doesn’t work like that.

I have no clue how the baseball and bat or hockey puck and stick have changed. But I’m sure they have. The NBA doesn’t dribble like they did in 1955.

@Crankus easy peasy ….The baseball bat is still made of wood and ball made of leather.

The hockey stick is still made of wood and puck
Made of hard rubber

It doesnt take technology to figure it out.

Its common sense. Golf isnt Nascar needing to run faster than the next guy tweaking the equipment.

Rather develop the athlete and his skill not the instrument to improve their performance.

Golf has gone down the wrong road believing u can buy a game.

Ludicrous

2 Likes

The governing bodies want to grow the game, so want as many new players as they can get and keep. So make the game as easy as possible for them. That’s why equipment manufacturers pretty much have carte blanche to do what the fuck they like. Longer, faster, easier. 25gm grips, 40gm shafts. 10gm shafts soon. They’ve changed the handicap system to suit the high handicappers so the newbies can win every week and be happy.

2 Likes

Hockey stick

Is it metal?

Pfffft