Daniel Coyle. The Talent Code

RR said:

some animals, like bears, have a period of “hyperphagia” for the long cold winter…to build up some fat. Do Rats do that??? :laughing:

thetalentcode.com/2013/01/07/how … -feedback/

Lots of feedback from, and within, the feet is a good thing even with dancing. Does an intention to dance a certain way create the body which is then supported by the feet, or are the feet our primary movers and shakers creating the body while it is dancing in that certain way. I think the latter makes more sense.

Some words from a dance site:

Overall the beauty of dance is in the feet. Consisting of 26 bones and forming 25 component joints, the feet are the first level of dance and basic rules that every person must become aware of. The foot propels a dancer to explore space and changes in space, allowing them to create lines with the other limbs of the body.

Greg Norman can cut a pretty good rug too.

thetalentcode.com/

I’m not sure how early Tiger and Rory started, but they came to mind.

Thanks for bringing this blog to my attention. Digesting every post and noting the successful things I already do, but also highlighting the vast gaps I need to work on.

eg I fantasize/meditate on success, but not on the journey to it. Thats going to change.

I like the idea of OODA loops. This is the basis of a great pre-shot routine. I also notice I do this when on a race-track too.

Teaching… having the student understand mechanics then leaving them with a soundbite to work on… For years my ingrained problem issue I fight everyday is hinging the right wrist inside on the takeaway. Recently I’ve been telling myself ‘thumps up not in’ and I’m doing alot better rather than just trying to feel the action. I’m an early wrist setter btw :slight_smile:

thetalentcode.com/2013/02/28/how … -practice/

Another great reminder that I need to be more consistent about submitting module videos.

The latest blog post on Talent Code has 25 comments so far, and there is a lot of talk about an app for smartphones that may be useful to sports, “Coach’s Eye” is one, and there are others.

thetalentcode.com/

Anyone using?

Interesting