Cupped Left Wrist Explained

@jeff Mann

Drive holding is fake manipulation. Come on man

If I consciously rotate my left forearm through impact, I feel like my left wrist remains flatter for longer and I can hit some great shots. But this is still a manipulation relying on timing.
Looking back on my tour days, I had some great ball striking weeks. But I also had weeks where I was hanging on for dear life hitting top spinny draws or hang on blocks, relying on some kind of course management and short game to post a score.
If I can get the club face more open at P3, then accelerate using body rotation, my left wrist will dynamically flatten on its own with no manipulation = pure ball striking!
This is my current work in progress. Drills, drills, drills…and an impact bag.

2 Likes

Jeff, under competition conditions, what’s the sensation and intention of your own best swings, performances and the ones that you felt related to your best scores?

1 Like

I’ll post this here because it also addresses the cupped left wrist intention and why that works and is desirable…

3 Likes

The arm release is a disconnected release… meaning … the upper arms disconnect from the torso through the strike…

It’s a fact… nothing to debate here.

1 Like

John,

You wrote-: "The arm release is a disconnected release… meaning … the upper arms disconnect from the torso through the strike…

It’s a fact… nothing to debate here."

It’s an incontrovertible fact that you are wrong.

Here again is is Joaquin Niemann’s CP-arm release action combined with a no-roll DH-hand release action.

Image 3 is at impact (P7) and image 4 is at P7.4 where the clubhead is about 3 feet post-impact as it travels along the clubhead path.

During that P7 => P7.4 time period, the upper torso continues to rotate counterclockwise and the two arms move in perfect synchrony with the upper torso thereby directing the hands inside-left. The two arms and torso are very connected from a motional perspective and your claim that they are disconnected reflects your ignorance on how to perform a CP-arm release action combined with a no-roll DH-hand release action.

Jeff.

I think Jeff needs his eyes checked. And what he sees and what the players is actually doing is so skewed.

Time for your jello break my friend. Lights out soon for you as well

When is bingo night ?

1 Like

When i try this , open clubface i seem to still hit with a mostly open clubface. What am i not doing correctly to closeand squre theclub face for a forceful strike.

Study this video… it’s all here…

2 Likes