Ballstriking Improvements I Have Made

What drove Moe’s golf swing was his massive post impact pivot acceleration… not all the other stuff…

I posted somewhere showing where Moe’s shaft would typically be between P4 and PV5 compared to what I saw Graves doing… so it was clear as day he is completely missing the point.

It’s probably on the early LTLGM thread from the old site.

I tried to find it on my hard drive but I seem to have lost it…

If you just post a comparison of Moe and Graves you’ll see the huge pressure loss…

Lag,

I think you have missed the boat on what is driving Moe’s swing.
Moe is using a 10-3-K BAT swing procedure. The “post impact pivot acceleration” is him following the force of the club to his signature finish, pointing the club at the flying ball.

10-3-K BAT states: This procedure transfers the center of the Arm Swing from the Left Shoulder to the Right Elbow. The Right Arm now is actually driving the Clubhead rather than the Left Arm, and the Flat Left Wrist is now helpful but not essential–so the tipoff…throwing the Club in-line with the Right Arm during Follow-through.

Wabisabi

If your going by the book as the procedure it states that right wrist is frozen at impact fix - Moe dosent start this way not even close. It also states the club is being accelerated by right arm once again i dont see that. This is a hit procedure and once again far from what i see Moe doing? 10-3-k Bat is a arm motion and Moe is far from that spectrum unless the book states otherwise. Now i know Lag can enlighten us because he was there with the legend but i never heard Moe using the right arm for power in any interview!

Today, for the first time, I actually felt like I own what I am doing with Hogan’s action. It may not be precisely the same in every nuance, but it’s pretty darn close. Up to this point, while piecing this action together with ABS cheese, success has been often but always neeeded some monitoring…which means that I didn’t own it, I was only borrowing it. And the parts that I now own are things I can do without thought- it’s just one big feel…other than to think about how hard I want to go at something given the situation.

Here’s what I own:

The Cupped L Wrist…it puts the shaft load into a “low pressure” situation at the top which then makes lowering the COG by way of the knees very simple to do, which then saves the pivot for when I really need it. In fact, I wish I could cup the wrist more. It’s already cupped to the max, but I WAN’T MORE! The more cup, the less pressure upstairs, which is the gateway to the free ride down while keeping the shoulders quiet. And down doesn’t mean an outward leakage of the shoulders while going down…it means DOWN…like someone said “go down into your shoes.”

High Pressure Impact…once the free ride is done while maintaing the cup…now it’s all high pressures from that point forward- with the hitting hands and level turn rotating that shaft from its cupped orientation to springing the shaft through the ball. But I feel this as an automatic hand release.

Still have some muscular stuff to do with Mod 3…but having the first two above makes that process easier because of the reason behind it. Great stuff Lag- it really is! :smiley: RR