Allen Doyle Golf Swing

I’m watching the football game and I’m guessing I wouldn’t want an early time tommorrow on either of the Brookside courses. For everybody who’s never been there these are the courses adjacent to the Rose Bowl in Pasadena and they use the golf courses as overflow parking for all the games and concerts and everything at the stadium. One time a day after a UCLA game I walked off No 11 tee on course one and walked over a hundred and fifty yards between the tee and the fairway on nothing but bottle caps. Crunch Crunch Crunch. Wild. I loved playing 16 when they were tailgating in the parking lot for a Galaxy Match. We’d go over to the fence and trade a couple of Coors Lts for some of the best Carnitas and Carne Asada Tacos I’ve ever had. Viva La Rasa man.

I’d go out on a limb and say that Lag likes No 2 way better than No 1. Might be right. They’re both really really good tracks, totally different layouts and in damn good shape for all they play they get. I still don’t know how they get them playable so fast after the games like tonight.

Here’s another view of Doyle- Does a lot of good solid things in his swing
ad1.JPG

Those are great pics Two, thanks for posting…

Having played with Allen and knowing his swing, the first thing I noticed from those caddy view pics is that the camera person took this without understanding how Doyle sets up to the golf ball. It’s basically the same move as Trevino, and when people film these swings they set up the camera square to their bodies, not the target line.

It would appear that Doyle is playing the ball back in his stance, but nothing could be farther from the truth. I just finished reading Trevino’s book, and Lee talks about how he sets up 35 degrees left of the target, and this is exactly what Doyle does too. If you put the camera where it needs to be for a proper view, his golf swing would look totally different.

Of course it doesn’t bother me because I know what to look for, but to most people that look at these pics, they really aren’t going to see it for what it is… This is a fabulous golf swing. Allen does everything right and it shows.

ad.jpg

this is where a camera needs to be to give a proper perspective, and the same with Trevino…
There is great logic to what these guys do… and Trevino describes is very well in his book. I’ll have a review of it posted here soon.

Doyle and Trevino in reality are so far behind the ball with great spine tilt and working off a wonderful low point. I bet there is nothing mentioned about that in that article. It looks weird but it’s so good it’s almost scary. Same thing with Peter Senior.
Not many get it…

Thanks Lag… I was wondering about that. He’s also got a pretty high right shoulder/right side dominant set up so I was seeing that as a match move with the ball back in his stance…