4.30 - a different perspective

I don’t remember eagle, but it is something that’s on my radar with him- as it is with many people. I posted one about his feet which is all part the same thing. They first noticed it when he did a TPI screening early after he turned pro. It’s very interesting to see it, you see a lot of guys who have stopped their hips as the torso really speeds up, but I’ve never seen the recoil thing that he does. Yeah it does make a lot of sense in terms of opposing forces but I’m not sure if it’s in the same way as Lag’s or not. If you think of using a whip, you don’t just stop the handle but you also pull it back a little too which straightens out the line and adds some snap. He has a considerable upward thrust into impact which may well be how a talented player learns the game with the new driver and ball. IMO his swing is more shifty than rotational- it’s more up, down, up, on an angle, than it is just around. The recoil that he does is as much of a coming back down as it is a stopping. His jump up into impact is considerable, as is his squat down from the top. It wouldn’t be something I’d just start doing as it’s part of a chain of events that make it valid. There’s lots of interesting stuff going on with him…
I’ll add some photos where I isolated his legs so you can see the jump up and then the settle- it’s pretty remarkable…
Rory Legs 1.jpg
Rory Legs 2.jpg

Bom: Nice thought about the whip and pulling back.

Not sure if that recoil “snapping” process you’re talking about is the same approach to something I think I first heard about from Gardner Dickenson…but my memory is a little fuzzy these days. :laughing:

It went something like: assuming we were able to come to a full stop @ P4…if we are in the proper position we should be able to “detach” only the arms and club and swing them back down to where the ball was…and the club should naturally return to the address position with no roll-over of the wrists and hands. It would essentially be the address postion for the arms and club minus the lower body…something like that.

Will check out Rory…would imagine a clockwise hip move would be a tough nut to crack…but it might be similar to wringing out a wet towel…twisting in opposite directions. Hmmmm…wonder if there was ever a golfer named Terry Cloth! Good stuff partner… :slight_smile: RR

RR,
This is an interesting one… it’s very Hoganesque which makes sense with the Gardner Dickinson connection. You have to keep moving hard upstairs to maintain that sort of relationship…
Cheers…