What persimmon lineup do you like, 134, 135, 123?

I am a new student, working hard on module 1. Have been playing a flattened set of 1953 MT irons, but now am looking for some flat persimmons. So far I am still playing my upright metal woods, 135. What would be the most common persimmon lineup? 123, 134, 135, 13 only and add another iron. Just have no experience here and was hoping for some guidance. The few persimmon 5 woods I have seen do look rather odd to my eye, and I’ve never hit a 2 wood in my life. Of course the best option would be to just hit a bunch of all of them at the range, but up here in Montana, I bet I am the only abs’er in the state, so just wanting to get others feedback. I’m sure selection will vary from course to course, but for those with experience with the flat persimmon, what generic advice would you give a new abs student to put in his bag. If it matters I am an older student (60), handicap 11, but soon to be waaay lower. And yes it is fun to tell the league guys I just beat that my irons are 60 years old, made in the year I was born! Thanks for any help.
Max
ps I’m sure I will eventually get an abs set of metals, 135, for when I play the longer courses with my buddies.

I carry a driver and two wood. I can hit the two wood off the fairway on a par 5 and also off the tee if I need to get the ball up… and it’s also easier for me to work right to left. If I carry a third wood I will carry a 4 wood. It’s hard to find a 4 wood that sets up nicely to my eye, but they are out there. The 4 wood is a good choice if I am playing a course with reachable par 5’s where I feel a good drive can set me up for an approach that requires a higher second shot into the green… protective bunkers in the front etc. Also if the course has long par 4’s and thick rough, I might find the 4 wood handy.

A two wood to me is really just a strong 3 wood… and since I am usually wanting the distance off the fairway, it’s a more natural selection for me. But there are times when I wish I was carrying a 3 wood. Ideally it’s best to have a full set of driver - 4 wood, and then just pick and choose which of them you are going to game depending upon the course you are playing.

On the tighter older classic tracks, there was much more emphasis on positioning the ball correctly on the fairway, so having all those options for ball flight and trajectory made sense, including 1 and 2 iron shots off the tee. You would have 6 clubs to typically choose from to set up the drive. The game is a lot more interesting on the classic tracks… which were designed around the 16 club bag.

I tried to catch the end of the Senior PGA, but missed it and instead got Kutcher giving is playing tips with Holly. He was hitting a shot in a par 4 and explained the reason he was playing a 3 wood off the tee. Yes, he called it a 3 WOOD.
Shouldn’t a 3 wood be made of wood? I find it interesting that players are still calling them “woods”. Is it because “woods” are just so intrinsically tied to the game both historically and fundamentally?

The driver, two, three, and four woods were most common in the era when it was legal to carry 16 clubs. 1 iron through PW, a SW a putter and four WOODS!

To me, each club has a separate purpose, unique in flight and trajectory and it’s fun to use them when appropriately called upon.