Post your new ebay purchases

I can’t wait to pick it up. Injured my knee playing cricket so have to wait for that to heal before swinging. I’ve a set of 61 Power Thrust’s sitting here awaiting a first hit too, damn it! :wink:

earlier this week my wife informed me that she and a girlfriend went to lunch, drank wine, went shopping and then she bought a prada wallet for an
ungodly amount of money. i don’t have a problem with this, she works hard, she deserves it, if she wants to spend an ungodly amount of money
on a 4" x 6" piece of leather, who am I to get in the way.

tonite we are at dinner with the kids and i announce that i was so inspired by her wallet purchase i decided to buy some golf clubs today.
her eyes got big just as her jaw was dropping and she asked “how much were they?”

$24.

hogan apex II with the black cameo, rescued from a thrift store in pasadena, tx. they need some tlc but i couldn’t just leave them there
to get split up by some inconsiderates.

Result. :slight_smile:

Not a particularly ABS friendly set, but I picked up a mint 3-LW set of RAC MB’s from a carboot sale for £20 last weekend. Selling those on will fund a few repairs to my Hogan sets and keep my dearest wifey happy. :wink:

Found these at a thrift store. 3-9I, Apex 3 Shafts, original grips except 6I. Great find, now all I need is the Equaliser.

The 5I has a little nick in the grooves towards the bottom and the 9I has a little scracth at the top on the face, can barely feel it with fingernail even though it looks worse than it is.

I have put new grips on the 8 and 9 irons and love hitting them. I need stiff shafts and as money comes available I will re-shaft them with KBS Tour shafts.

100_1698a.jpg

100_1701a.jpg

100_1703a.jpg

23rd,

i’ve sold quite a few modern items to fund all things abs. the old stuff is fun to tinker with and is plentiful.

JesseV,

that is a solid find at a thrift store, no matter what is missing :mrgreen: i’ve been looking for a find like that.
i don’t know much about kbs shafts except they cost alot of dough…are they worth it?

kirkschwart,

it is a nice find. When I saw these my jaw hit the floor and I knew I had to buy them immediately. Now I’m scouring the local thrift stores looking for the Equaliser.

KBS Shafts are $25 each, not counting installation, to me they are worth it! :slight_smile: I already have KBS Tour shafts in my Wishon irons, I like the feel of them, not too heavy, not too stiff. I talked to my club fitter and he believes the KBS shafts are the closest shafts to the Apex shaft. I’ve heard that in other forums as well. I also like Project X shafts as well, but to me Project X shafts feel a tad stiffer then the KBS.

I’m strongly considering selling my Wishons to fund putting new shafts and grips on the Hogans. :wink:

For those on a budget, you could always pull the #3 shafts once you get the pins out… and cut an inch or two off the tips.
Then epoxy them back in, probably don’t need to re pin them… and then find some old shafts and cut some extenders to drop into the grip end. Make sure they sink in at least 3 inches and again epoxy them. Put on your new grips and you have just converted #3 to #4 or better.

Can you pull a 9 and put it in a PW and/or an 8 and put it in a 9 and so on?

it may not work with the taper tips (most of these older sets were taper tipped) and redrilling is a sure way to mess the club heads up. There is nothing wrong with DG X100s. Remember the ABS swing is not that much dependent on exact frequency matching of the shaft.

I was out hunting today and found these two woods.

I found a MacGregor MT Tourney 3 wood True Temper A2 Shaft and a PowerBilt Citation 3 wood, with the Horseshoe on the soleplate and it has a stiff shaft.

Was gonna add pics but somethings wrong, system times out when I try to add pictures.

As soon as I can I will add some pics as I am hoping to get some info from the experts concerning both woods.

First Up MacGregor MT Tourney 3 wood. Anyone know the dates this may have been built or any other info about it?

MacG3Sole.JPG

MacGregor_MT_Tourney_3__Top.JPG

MacGregor_MT_Tourney_3_Lie.JPG

MacGregor_MT_Tourney_3_Face2.JPG

Next Up. PowerBilt Citation 3, stiff shaft. This one is a little more beat up, sole has ding in it and face has a chip on the bottom at the toe. You may be able to see the toe chip that I am talking about in the face on pic.

Any info on this? year made, anything else?

PowerBilt_Citation_3_soleplate.JPG

PowerBilt_Citation_3_Top1.JPG

PowerBilt_Citation_3_Lie2.JPG

PowerBilt_Citation_3_Face.JPG

I’ve just found a full set of MacGregor Tourney irons and MT3W woods and the original bag for 15 quid. Pics to follow when they arrive. I think these - depending on shafts - will become my gamers. :slight_smile:

These are the irons… I’m hoping they’re a good ABS set.

http://www.ironfinder.com/Individual-Irons/macgregor/mtourney_mt2_(star)_vfq-62.htm

What do y’all think about this putter? Its mine so don’t go snatching it up if its a good’un. :laughing:

ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Wilson- … 5d31d693f3

I also just purchased a set of 1971 Wilson Button backs. Sweet Club… Will post pics soon.

Lemme know about the putter. I’m trying to fill out a vintage bag and need help with the putter.

Jesse

I don’t think the heel/toe weighting will cut it in your vintage bag. My advice is to keep searching back a decade or so. This one is probably from the late 70s or 80s. Think blade or iron-look.

Any recommendations?

Depends on what you like. I’m partial to TP Mills Spalding Era, or 8802s.

Look for a MacGregor 660 if you want a great vintage putter. Has an 8802 look, but is heavier with a great Nueman leather grip.